X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

Supergirl season 3

I might be the only one who hasn't given up on this show but...
    I gotta say this 3rd season is a huge improvement!
    The last few eps in particular have been very good.
    I'm liking this season WAY more than the Flash.
  • bleit1701
    Career Member
    • Jan 1, 2009

I still watch and this season has been pretty good. The scene where she lifts the submarine out of the water with the crowd just standing there in awe really appealed to me. And Jimmy seems to be back as an advisor which I like. They are setting Reign to be a heartbreaker.
    Better late than never.....

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

so far it has been good. plus she is just so easy on the eyes

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
        learning all the time
        • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        so far it has been good. plus she is just so easy on the eyes
        she sure is! I really like her portrayal of Kara, sooooooooo cute

the ep with her going to Mars with J'onn was really well written I thought, and the cult of Rao was creepy...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

they do have waaay to much melodrama with her sister though. I mean the show is called Supergirl, not Supergirls gay sister. Alex was okay as a supporting character but they have put her and her relationship drama too much in the forefront so half of every episode is about her

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

It's... ok. I'm still watching it, but it seemed like the last two episodes is season 2 were possibly ruined by the results of the presidential election because the vibe got really weird and the new season is just starting to recover.
            Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Nov 12, '17, 8:55 PM.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

they do have waaay to much melodrama with her sister though. I mean the show is called Supergirl, not Supergirls gay sister. Alex was okay as a supporting character but they have put her and her relationship drama too much in the forefront so half of every episode is about her
              Yeah, the first season was criticized by making Alex essentially a co-lead, carrying the stories as much as Kara. Add in her coming out drama from last season and she pretty much usurped the show.

I appreciate the creators trying to diversify the cast and tackle some issues, but as this weeks' Flash episode proved, they are often not at all subtle about it. And it sometimes makes for some not so-enjoyable TV.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

All the CW shows suffer from too much drama and enormous supporting casts. All I want to see is Supergirl and the other heroes fighting a villain. A fight, a death trap, a miraculous escape, and the final battle. Hero triumphant. Save the soap opera for daytime.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                  learning all the time
                  • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  All the CW shows suffer from too much drama and enormous supporting casts. All I want to see is Supergirl and the other heroes fighting a villain. A fight, a death trap, a miraculous escape, and the final battle. Hero triumphant. Save the soap opera for daytime.
                  ha, it's been that way since Smallville, maybe even earlier?
                  I hope this new crossover thing let's Supergirl do more than just help them train for battle!

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

The episode where she easily beat Superman...and the constant “she’s better, faster, stronger, smarter than him” broken record yapping throughout the series...I decided enough was enough...this show was not for me.

But you guys like it, it’s cool...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I heard that, and it made me skip the finale, even though I had planned on it. DC's continual tearing down of the cornerstone of their company is mind-boggling. You don't see Disney doing that to Mickey Mouse.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                        The episode where she easily beat Superman...and the constant “she’s better, faster, stronger, smarter than him” broken record yapping throughout the series...I decided enough was enough...this show was not for me.

But you guys like it, it’s cool...
                        I didn't care for any of that either.
                        My point with this thread was to point out that this season has been a MAJOR improvement.
                        It still aint "must see tv" but it's been much more solid and intelligent than The Flash.
                        Agreed about the too much Alex drama but like all the CW shows, I guess they're trying to create fully fleshed out worlds for their characters and maybe it's a balance of budget/fx vs. character development.
                        All in all I'm glad that they're doing these shows even if they're not perfect.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Couldn't even sit through this week's episode. I'm sure it was so the leads could go film the crossover shows, but still...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, the flash back episode was lame, but I will say they did a great job casting younger actresses who look like they could grow up and be Alex and Kara

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Wow, I had the opposite reaction. It was nice to get a break from Alex's baby drama (which, really, if you dreamed of have a kid since childhood and you decide to get into a same sex relationship, wouldn't you want to bring that up PRETTY EARLY? But that's beside the point...) and just have a fun adventure. I have high hopes that this episode might reset the vibe of the series. I doubt it, but the angry grrrl thing is not working for me.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎