Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

I'm thankful the article was shared so I could read the interview. Lots of great things to look forward to. I'm super behind on buying new FTC product as I haven't purchased their new vehicles and newest waves. At leats now we know what to expect in some ways, although I doubt I'm alone wondering one certain ones were chosen and other characters overlooked. I hope FTC continues to make DC product, maybe next year I'll have the extra scratch to afford all the good stuff.

Comment

• Figure8
      Museum Patron
      • May 18, 2016

Not sure what to make of these announcements. They're making Creeper and Swamp Thing but won't announce the Atom? I also wonder how well the first Flash wave has sold, since they won't confirm any new Rogues. I sure hope they continue the Flash line even though the figures of the first wave suffered from a number of problems.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

I'm sure they'll make the Atom eventually, but honestly, he's a bit problematic from a scale standpoint. 99% of the time he's at a few inches tall ( compared to the other characters at around 6 feet). When they do make him, I assume he'll be an 8" figure like the rest, but that won't really be accurate to the character.

Comment

• rodkeith
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 16, 2008

Think of this-- 8" Atom would be the first life-size Mego-style figure! :^)

Seriously, though, including a smaller version with a standard size, like Mattel and DCC have done with their 1:12 figures, would probably do the trick.

Great reveals, thanks Scott Beatty! Looking forward to seeing them though, before getting too excited- too many disappointments recently with final product.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

What should have been asked: Are you going to lower your price points anytime soon?

Their prices have been going up, and I can only imagine a decent Man-Bat, with pose able wings, coming in at around $32.99 MSRP.
            That would be $3 higher than their current MSRP of $29.99 for say a KISS Gene with the sewed to costume wings.
            I see a decent Man-Bat being extremely limited in prodcution.

As for Swampy, I hold hope, but if they didn't learn from Grundy, then it will be a wash.

And here's to hoping they use the Black Haired Goddess head for Zatanna....reusing the Poison Ivy head would not be too kind to ol' Zee....
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
              Yeah, really stoked for Man-Bat!
              Now I thought it said "ask again later" for Man Bat?
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I am hoping that the new CW Black Lightning series does well so I can finally get some more BL merchandise. I really want a Mego style BL.

Disappointed in no confirmation of adult size Teen Titans redos of the original 7-inch figures. I really want a nice 8" Kid Flash.

I'd also like to see FTC do a Deluxe category that would be a fit for a Man-Bat, Swamp Thing and maybe Hawkman and Hawkgirl, if the wings prove more costly. Just keep the prices of the regular figure steady and stable (because they ain't going down, I'm sure!).

Finally, no ArrowCar :( No Justice League play set :( Makes me thing the repro Bat Vehicles did not sell as expected. I know that despite wanting to buy some, I just haven't pulled the trigger. I haven't even set up my Bat Lab, and my original Batmobile and Batcycle are still stored away, so buying more just doesn't make sense at the moment. I thought the JLA Set was rumored? I wonder if the Batman TV Batcave is still coming.
                Last edited by TRDouble; Nov 12, '17, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ Feel much the same as you on these points, esp. about Black Lightning--love that character. Hawkgirl is meh, but of course they'd like to reuse the wings tooling. (At least. I hope there's tooling.)

Aside from Beast Boy, the new 7" TT were disappointing, so I don't know how I feel about more male ones. I'm a Bumblebee fan, though.

I'd really like to see Black Canary, Vixen, Spectre, Wotan, Black Orchid, Phantom Stranger (this last seems a no-brainer, FTC, even as an exclusive). Also '70s Metallo, Giganta, Doom Patrol!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                    Now I thought it said "ask again later" for Man Bat?
                    PLASTIC MEMORY: Wait! Just one more! Howzabout Man-Bat?!
                    FTC: IT IS CERTAIN.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't see Man-Bat as being too difficult to do, with larger Falcon-style wings of pleather. I'm curious if FTC would consider new hand and feet tooling, though. They should just sent the Remco Wolfman appendages to China for duplication...

It's a figure BBP could have pulled off beautifully.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                        Home Of The Type3 Body
                        • Jan 18, 2005

That would be awesome!
                        LOOK
                        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Boshek
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 26, 2011

Happy what was announced. My biggest wants that are "can not predict now" are Black Lightning, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Talia, Killer Moth.

Next time maybe they can ask about the Batcopter?
                          Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Maybe they will repro the POTA hands for Man-Bat. Then they could sell the separately to go with there other repro POTA stuff.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎