X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

my first toyshow

Went to my first toyshow today in Toronto.
    I went with $400 in my pocket and was really looking to buy just 1 really nice piece, didn't happen. While there was some nice vntage robot stuff, I just didn't want to buy anything that expensive without doing a little research first. so here's a rundown of what I picked up.

2 Space 1999 repro's- 2 for $25, I see them on ebay for about the same, but since I don't have topay shipping charge, thought I might as well pick em up.

1 lot vintage Star Wars figures- $15-30 figures plus a taun-taun, this was after the show had been going maybe 1 hr. Don't know why the guy was so desperate to get rid of these when they were really overpriced at some other tables.
    great shape, (no weapons, but no broken figs. etc)

1 moc Voltron figure-$10- Well if I ever decide to collect 1 carded figure from every 80's line (And I've thought about it) I'll have a voltron one I guess.

1 lot of 5 Sectaurs-$10- I've got several 80's toylines that altough I'm not really "into", I still pick up when I find them.

1 rubber Incredible Hulk toy-$2- about 4" tall, squat, almost like a Ben Cooper jiggler, anybody know what this is, who made it?

2 boxes for GI Joe and Cobra 25th anniversary-$2 each- boxes originally came w/ 5 different 25th anniversary figs, they were empty but cool for GI Joe display, big cool shiny boxes with logo's for GI Joe and Cobra.

1 Mego superman-$20- yep, my only mego of the whole day and it was purchased for my sister.Was excellent condition other than missing cape and emblem.

4 8" universal monsters made by Imperial 80's-$20- Thought $5 each was reasonable, will probably give them to brother-in-law.

1 90's Stretch Armstrong-$70- going to try to use the body with the Mego Elastic Man head that I've got, or will sell on Ebay, HATE the 90's version with a passion.

5 60's little stuffed animal things-$20- kinda cute, can't remember their names, something pets, bought them for my GF.

Was a good time, something to do on a Sunday with the Girlfriend, didn't spend that much money in total really. Anybody find anything good on the weekend. ?
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

sweet deal on the Star wars and the monsters
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Beatnik
      Museum Patron
      • Apr 2, 2008

Man, I miss the shows, sounds like you had fun. I wish there were some around here again, haven't been to one in years.

And since you asked, here's my finds this weekend. 8 Track player $3, Hobbit puzzle 50 cent's, two full rolls of Peanut's wallpaper $2 and the big find was a Hong Kong squirting toilet for a quarter. What a haul!

Comment

• misterdroid
        Banned
        • Jan 10, 2008

I went to a toy show today... possibly the worst toy show ever. I saw CTVT monsters for $30 each, numerous incomplete Oz Wizards and Fonzies for $20-50... balding AT joes at $85, loose, beat to hell vintage SW figs starting at $20... you name it and the price was astronomical. I found a nicely priced Halo2 figure for my son and that was the extent of my hunt.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎