X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
    If they get this worked up over a picture, they deserve to die.
    The fanbase was getting destroyed before this picture came out. And even before this doctor was chosen.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

It's not destroyed, that's so silly and something you can't even prove. You're hearing what you want to hear because you don't like the current structure of the show. People always pull that move because it validates how their feelings somehow.

Truth is, it probably reached it's peak Tennent/early Smith, shows decline, it happens. Enjoy it or don't but if it stresses you out like this, go find something new because it's just a show....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I agree. the show has been declining since Smith left, maybe even since Smith's last season. Capaldi did not really catch on with the masses I think, myself included. this new direction could reignite interest or just kill it altogether. Maybe a break for a few years wouldn't be so bad. I mean the modern Who has had a good run including the upcoming 11th season

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          I agree. the show has been declining since Smith left, maybe even since Smith's last season. Capaldi did not really catch on with the masses I think, myself included. this new direction could reignite interest or just kill it altogether. Maybe a break for a few years wouldn't be so bad. I mean the modern Who has had a good run including the upcoming 11th season
          I personally really liked Capaldi but he had a spotty first season and the fans were already muttering about Clara loudly. I think the high points of his tenure are some of the best episodes of the series but you're right, he isn't a Doctor for the masses.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Intolerant of others opinions?
            Only to thinly veiled bigotry, that deserves no voice.

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Okay it looks more like a mork and mindy reboot!!!
              I don’t hate it,I don’t love it.
              The Tardis looks good,the doctor looks okay.
              I just really wish they would have done this move earlier and capaldi now.
              I still say a female doctor is not a fresh and bold move it seems almost desperate to me.
              They could have worked it into the mythos better having every twelfth regeneration be a female thus giving them 12 more lives.
              It would have been way better seeing a female master and female doctor go head to head.
              Last edited by fallensaviour; Nov 9, '17, 9:16 PM.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 16, 2014

I love the costume, I finally like the idea of the Doctor as a Time Lady.
                The whole brightness of her character comes out in that one picture!
                Taking it back to JNT Land is exciting for me I loved it them and love it now.
                Garish, Cheap and British! 80's Sci Fi at its best, I hope they go all in, they won't, but I can hope.
                I know it's not the first thing people want remembered about Dr Who, but Davidson through McCoy is fun and good...for the most part anyway.

Oh and Doctor Who is a show about acceptance and has been from the very beginning nothing has changed, nothing is different.
                sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

The color scheme is sort of echoing Tom Baker's Fourth Doctor a bit with the different colored stripes in her tunic and along the edges of her coat somewhat mirroring the colors in Baker's extra long scarf.
                  Yeah, the colours of those stripes on her shirt definitely seem to be a nod to the colours of Tom Baker's scarf.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 9, '17, 10:37 PM.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                    Yeah, the colours of those stripes on her shirt definitely seem to be a nod to the colours of Tom Baker's scarf.
                    The colors of her outfit do look like a nice homage to Baker.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Commented earlier, but the discussion compels me to comment again. When I first saw the costume upon waking up this morning, my first response was "Whaaaaa?" Now that I've had a chance to look at it more, and read various web articles regarding it, I'm starting to actually see past it and just accept it as another variation on The Doctor's garb. Is it androgynous? By all means and I thoroughly expect to see both ladies and men sporting it for cosplay purposes. Did it ever cross my mind that it was trying to make any commentary, social or otherwise? No, not really, just thought Chibnall and Co. were going for the nostalgia vibe, especially with the older looking TARDIS exterior.

I have no issue with the Doctor regenerating into a woman. The Doctor IS NOT HUMAN, so evidently Galifreyan biology allows them to regenerate into whichever gender they either choose or need to be. Perhaps there will be a purpose BEHIND why The Doctor regenerated as a female that has nothing to do with anything other than the storyline. Remember what Twelve told Clara at the end of "Deep Breath":

DOCTOR: I wasn't. I didn't need to. That was me talking. You can't see me, can you? You look at me, and you can't see me. Have you any idea what that's like? I'm not on the phone, I'm right here, standing in front of you. Please, just, just see me.
                      Audiences, me included, went through what Clara went through with Capaldi's Doctor because he was SO different than the two youngsters who inhabited the role prior. Truth to tell, I didn't care for Capaldi at first, but now, especially after this past season, he is very high on my list of favorite Doctors. People need to see PAST the façade of a The Doctor being either male or female and just see The Doctor, because THAT'S what the character is. I am looking forward to what Jodie brings to the plate, good or bad (hopefully good), and am hoping that, in due time, people will be more willing to accept a Time Lady.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

River Song was a Time Lady. It's not new.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

My daughter thinks the picture of the new Doctor looks like Urkel.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            My daughter thinks the picture of the new Doctor looks like Urkel.
                            "did I do that ?"

Comment

• Klosterheim
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Bruce Banner

It very much does match up, now that I see the pictures side by side.

The scarf pattern is definitely the new costume theme. That is exactly it, I think.

I'm thinking The Doctor may have a few outfits in the new season, there is probably a formal wear clothing set somewhere in the TARDIS.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

I really hope they bring Romana back st some point. The original Time Lady.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎