Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I am looking forward to the Christmas special though. really curious to see what they are doing with the Hartnell Doctor in it

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      I am looking forward to the Christmas special though. really curious to see what they are doing with the Hartnell Doctor in it
      Yes this exactly!!!
      I wish they would remake a few lost episodes with him.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by fallensaviour
        Yes this exactly!!!
        I wish they would remake a few lost episodes with him.
        or some new adventures altogether

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

The only problem I have with the new guy playing Hartnell is he seems to be playing Hartnell from the Three Doctors.

Same thing in Adventures of Space and Time.

Hartnell's Doctor was a relatively spry and chipper guy with a great wit.

This new guy seems to make Hartnell look like he's totally out of it.

Anybody else notice this ?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. I barely recall some Hartnell episodes I saw while in college (bee people I think?), but he seemed sort of wry and avuncular. I don't recall his characterization in The Three Doctors at all except as a cameo. Wasn't he ill? Seems a shame to base new portrayals on that.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I don't recall his characterization in The Three Doctors at all except as a cameo. Wasn't he ill? Seems a shame to base new portrayals on that.
              Yeah, William Hartnell was ill during the production of The Three Doctors. The original script featured him a lot more, but it was eventually revised to just a few brief appearances because of his poor health at the time.

In The Five Doctors, he was played by Richard Hurndall who portrayed him in a more sprightly way.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 12, '17, 1:43 PM.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, Bruce. I haven't see Bradley's interpretation, but he sure looks the part.

Has they ever tried recasting the Second Doctor? I've seen Troughton in many things, but never as the Doctor.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Has they ever tried recasting the Second Doctor? I've seen Troughton in many things, but never as the Doctor.
                  They got Reece Shearsmith to portray him briefly in the docu-drama "An Adventure in Space and Time" alongside David Bradley... but that's about it, as far as I know.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by Mikey
                    Before Moffat the Doctor was pretty much asexual.
                    What about the Tenth Doctor and Rose? That was Russell T. And then before that there's the Eighth Doctor movie.
                    The hands that grip.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Compared to this newer guy I think Richard Hurndall was right on the money.

For best audio Hartnell, check out this guy ... (FF to 1:20)

m

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

He's very good, Mikey. It's also wonderful to see Carol Anne Ford and William Russell still at it.

As for Jodi...I love this change. I hope she does well and I hope the writing improves. I felt part of the problems with Capaldi's seasons was the writing.

Dana
                        Last edited by danadoll; Mar 29, '18, 1:18 PM.
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎