Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

It's a horrible deal and going to cost thousands of jobs by the end. All because Murdoch's sons are inept and need to be protected.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      I keep wondering when they will hit the point where the US government screams monopoly and breaks up the house of mouse
      According to Variety, there have already been calls for hearings by the Senate Judiciary Antitrust committee on the merger and it is expected to take 12-18 months of regulatory hearing and red tape before the deal is approved and finalized at the Fed level.

http://variety.com/2017/politics/new...ar-1202642693/

So I wouldn't expect any content to be greenlit before that final approval is made, so we won't be seeing anything come of this for up to two years now.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Of course there are reports out there now (reported on by the Nerdist) that Marvel won't get the FF rights back because Fox only owned distribution rights, not the IP rights, which are held by a German production company...
        Well, if that's true then it seriously just rained on my parade.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

This article says differently:

The Walt Disney Company has purchased parts of 21st Century Fox! With the deal, Disney buys 20th Century Fox and 20th Century Fox Television.

"The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love."
          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

If the govt actually gets involved, it's going to be over distribution and production which is where thousands of jobs are at stake. But either way, the ip and library are gone to Disney. In fact, if things got real ugly and Disney was cracked into pieces, Marvel would spin off and have all its rights returned.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

How much of Hulu does Fox have? That might be how Disney gets their streaming service. It's all set up and ready for them to go.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Disney now has 60 percent of Hulu. They already had 30 percent thru ABC. Comcast has 30 and Time Warner has 10. If Disney plans to pull all of its product to its own streaming service, Hulu won't have much left content wise.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

doesn't look like this deal will see the release of the unaltered Star Wars Trilogy though. it is apparently Lucas's wishes that they not be released and Kathy Kennedy is adhering to it

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

doesn't look like this deal will see the release of the unaltered Star Wars Trilogy though. it is apparently Lucas's wishes that they not be released and Kathy Kennedy is adhering to it
                    One has to wonder WHY Lucas is so eager to DENY SW fans the one thing they truly want...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                      One has to wonder WHY Lucas is so eager to DENY SW fans the one thing they truly want...
                      because apparently, in his mind, the definitive version is what was released on Bluray in 2011 and he does not want the older versions out there. although didn't they release DVD versions a while back that had both the original and special editions and came with the comic book of the movie too?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                        I've wondered this myself. It's a rare case indeed when art is improved by revision.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

although didn't they release DVD versions a while back that had both the original and special editions
                          Yes they did and I own them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎