Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reports: Disney in talks to acquire a chunk of Fox Entertainment

Images
    I hear it has been leaked, official announcement next week

I hope this goes thru

Images
    DCEU should consider just submitting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kept back View Post
    DCEU should consider just submitting at this point.
    Why? Wonder Woman was both a box office hit and critically acclaimed.

While JL might not be a mega hit here in the States...itís breaking records in China.

I dug the heck outta JL. Canít wait to see Aquaman next year.

The last Fantastic Four was truly abysmal...so was Iron Man 3 (although I admit, it made tons of money). So Marvel does lay out some bad eggs too.

DCEU will be just fine...Zack Snyder is out...nothing but improvement from now on...
    Last edited by Hector; Dec 7, '17 at 8:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post

While JL might not be a mega hit here in the States...it’s breaking records in China.

I dug the heck outta JL. Can’t wait to see Aquaman next year.

The last Fantastic Four was truly abysmal...so was Iron Man 3 (although I admit, it made tons of money). So Marvel does lay out some bad eggs too.

DCEU will be just fine...Zack Snyder is out...nothing but improvement from now on...
    Ray Berg (head of DC films) is also out at this point, removed today and Geoff Johns was pushed to the side and will have a reduced role, likely no longer getting a producer credit and just being an adviser without power to enforcer impose his views. According to Variety, Warner is looking to restructure the DC film division and move it (physically, it's currently in its own building and they are looking to move it with the rest of Warner film division) under the larger WB studio system and keep the DC influence away from it moving forward. It also says anything not already in the can is in jeopardy of being taken off the docket except Wonder Woman II. This is separate from the Disney/Fox films, but Justice League will lose money and they are upset each successive film (excepting Wonder Woman) is making less box office and costing more to make and promote. In its first 3 weeks of release, Justice League did not make as much domestically as Avengers did in its opening weekend but cost more to make and more to promote and it looks like it may not quite be profitable for them overall once marketing costs are added to production costs. International box office means little to studios because they get a far smaller percentage of that money than they do for domestic box office, so it's not a saving grace for movies that disappoint domestically. I haven't seen it yet, there was nothing in the trailer that made me want to spend my $$ to see it, so I can't comment on the content (I may watch it when I can do so for free but my only reaction to BvS, which I also saw for free was I wanted those two + hours of my life back and it wasn't worth what I paid to see it (which was zero), and suicide would have made a good 3 minute music video but unfortunately it was stretched to 2 hours which was an ordeal to get through, so I am not sure I am in any rush to see JL).

I don't know if the DCEU should submit, but they need to find a new tack and direction because what they are doing now is not cutting it in the marketplace. The suits doing cost/benefit analysis need to see better return on investment for the DCEU fimls not named Wonder Woman or they will start shutting them down.

-M

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post

While JL might not be a mega hit here in the States...itís breaking records in China.

I dug the heck outta JL. Canít wait to see Aquaman next year.

I thought Homecoming was by far the worse marvel film and that's including Thor 2 which I can't remember the plot of.

IM 3 wasn't awful but a borderline parity bought on the success of the success by the previous films and Avengers.

But Spiderman I can't defend other than their plan was to reinvent the character for a new generation, blah, blah . I honestly think it was almost at F4ntastic levels other than the editing was clean and taking place in the MCU.

Homecoming was a QUADRILLION times better than Iron Man 3.

Lame annoying boring Tony ďPanic AttacksĒ Stark and kid interaction.

Iron Man repeatedly crashing and destroying suit.

Iron Patriot, the most useless so-called superhero ever.

Dozens of Iron Man suits (controlled remotely by J.A.R.V.I.S.) canít defeat Killian...oh, but Pepper Potts can, lol.

...and donít get me started on the Mandarin, one of the lamest treatments of a comic book character ever.

Iíd rather be beheaded by Kim Jong-un than watch that garbage again...

Images
    I have to wonder how they handle the situation with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Do they bring the Fox version of Quicksilver over and say "Oh hey,he was your real brother all along." Or will they do something else?

Images
    Blog Entries
    On the bright side it looks like Singer is done with Fox. he was fired from the Freddie Mercury film last week and I imagine Fox will not want him around any other movies for them.
    Planet Earth is Blue