Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: That Thing From The Comic Ad You Still Really Want

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    There was an episode of Comic Book Men where someone brought in a whole case display of those Kryptonite rocks and tried to sell them to the Stash. It was from an early season, but I can't recall which one.

-M
    I think they show more toy transactions than anything on that show. Which is cool with me. Every show I see that Mattel Legion set on their shelf and kick myself for not getting it when it came out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    For the longest time, I wanted to know what one of these even looked like. As an adult collector, I've periodically tried to hunt on down, but every time I see one, the seller wants hundreds (like this one starting at $399!) Some day...

So what is your on your "some day" list?

It's begging to be filled with water and not air.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    Oh, it's cheap junk, but holds up well -- the box is pretty standard coated stock folded into shape, while the kryptonite is some kind of quarry rock (I remember popping open the boxes at TRU looking for ones with interesting shapes before picking mine) that's coated in some kind of glow-in-the-dark green resin or really thick paint (probably the latter). I've had to have mine for close to 40 years now . . .
    Well, it's a real rock, at least!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by acrovader View Post
    Good heavens! In this day of heightened political correctness, that make-up kit ad would never see the light of day. Lol.
    I thought the same thing. I recall thinking some of the options were odd, when reading it back then. I just wanted it to be a guy from KISS. I thought they were superheroes back then.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?