Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever buy a toy just because it was at the last at a store?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boshek
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 26, 2011

Did you ever buy a toy just because it was at the last at a store?

After what happened last night I wonder if it happens to others.

I was in Walmart and checked out their clearance aisle. And there, on a shelf all alone, was a 3 3/4" Black Series Star Wars Ponda Baba figure. I'll admit I am not really into Star Wars figures anymore; went the price of figures doubled it was one line I stopped collecting them. Last thing I collected was a few Rouge One six inch figures when the movie came out.

Anyway, back to Ponda Baba. I have a number of his figures but this one I never saw this one at retail. I checked the date on the back and saw 2015. He is the best depiction of the character they ever made. For toys at retail these days that is old. I checked his price and it was the same as the Black Series that is out now so he was no bargain. I didn't hesitate and bought the figure.

I like the character but didn't need him. I believe just because he was there alone made me buy him. He was the forgotten figure, the last one of his series not sold.

Has this happened to other people too?
    Check out my YouTube page
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Nope.
    I've bought the last one if it was something I wanted, but not just because it was the last.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

I rescue Megos at flea markets sometimes.

Comment

• spockoda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 14, 2018

I've never done that, but I used to buy figures I didn't exactly want because I heard or read they were short packed or tail-ender items. Those were the days when places like KB were still around and magazines like Toy Fare and Lee's AFN were being published. In other words, the good ol' days!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎