THOR: RAGNAROK "SPOILER" reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfessorArturoLived
    • Sep 22, 2017

"Another day. Another Doug." The youngest and I will be going back to hear all the lines we were laughing through.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Great movie. But how do you think they are going to deal with all this going forward? Surely Thor isn't going to be a guy with an eye-patch and no hammer from now on, is he?

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

They'll come up with something, I'm sure. The cosmic nature of the upcoming storyline can probably fix a lot. After Iron Man 3, Tony had destroyed all his armor, so although Thor might not get his eye back, I'll bet a new hammer gets christened.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^If Heimdall's eyes are Infinity Stones, maybe Thanos gets one eye, and Thor somehow gets the other when he dies, giving him some of his powers?

Not that I want Heimdall to die, but that's been rumored for years now. The Infinity Stone part, anyway.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

In one of the more recent (recent being within the past 15 years) Thor revamps, I know that, at one point, when Thor returned, he was basically the repository for the entire Odinforce, which is what allowed him to recreate Asgard and some of it's inhabitants above, I think, Oklahoma. In the course of that run, I remember Mjolnir being destroyed, but also being reassembled by Doctor Strange, but it cost Thor most of the Odinforce to do so, which brought him back down to "normal" power levels. Since Strange is now IN the MCU, perhaps this is an avenue they might take to bring back both Goldilock's hammer and his eye.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Allie Fox
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 1, 2009

Originally posted by Makernaut
              And Matt Damon was Loki.
              Again...

Remember he was Loki in Dogma (1999).

Nice nod to KS.
              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Allie Fox
                Again...

Remember he was Loki in Dogma (1999).

Nice nod to KS.
                I failed to make that connection. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I'm thinking whether Stark builds him a robotic eye, or Dr. Strange uses magic healing, or Infinity Stones are involved... you gotta give him back his eye.

First, Nick Fury has an eye patch. Odin had an eye patch. Heck, the dude in GOTG had a glass eye. I know the point was to show the parallel between Thor and dad... but enough with the one eyed characters!

Second, and not to put too fine a point on it... Chris Hemsworth is one Hottie Mc Hot Hot (exhibit A: his gratuitous shirtless scene after the arena fight). Why damage the merchandise?

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

I'd vote for Dr, Strange fixing it. That was my first guess.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

The new MCU photo shoots in Vanity Fair show Thor with hammer and eye intact... (and note the scar).

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MegoMonk
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 22, 2007

Great movie, Im glad we finally got a talking hulk. Dr. strange's cameo was well done. It's not too often you can say the 3rd film in a series was the best, but Thor has gotten better with each movie.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎