Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THOR: RAGNAROK "SPOILER FREE" reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

There are complaints that it's not serious enough, but I disagree. There are some very high stakes underneath the jokes, Thor is very different by the end of the movie in many ways, and they already had two films to try the "serious" Thor.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^The more I think about it, I do think it was a bit too...flippant at times. There was some seriously heavy, world-shattering (literally) stuff that happened in this film, and I think the overly comedic tone was a bit too over-the-top at times. It felt like we breezed past the heavy stuff TOO quickly in some cases. That happened more at the beginning of the film. By the end I was used to the tone and along for the ride.

I did enjoy it a lot, and I MUCH prefer this approach to the mopey naval gazing of most of the DCEU films, but I would have preferred them balancing out things a bit better. I feel Guardians 2 balanced the heavy moments and the comedy better.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I’ll check it out this Thursday...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

You mean Thorsday

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

I loved it. They were definitely going for the GotG vibe, but still kept consistent with the previous Thor and Avengers movies.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Just saw it yesterday.

Lots of fun, funny...the rock Gladiator with the Kiwi accent was hilarious...love that guy, lol.

Hemsworth hammed it up full blast. Cate Blanchett was awesome. I liked the Valkriye chick too. Goldblum was fantastic. Karl Urban did his thing. Heimdall was serviceable. Nice Dr Strange scenes.

The only one that sort of disappointed me was the Hulk...he almost came across as a pansy in this one. He didn't seem that powerful.

It had that GOTG vibe...with a little bit of Flash Gordon thrown in.

Loved Led Zep in both beginning and end scenes.

Fun, fun movie...
              sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hector

Lots of fun, funny...the rock Gladiator with the Kiwi accent was hilarious...love that guy, lol.
                I had to look up who provided the voice of Korg after I got home and was surprised to see it was Taika Waititi, the Director. I was sure it was going to be Rhys Darby.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

My family and I saw it yesterday. All gave it two thumbs up.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
                    I had to look up who provided the voice of Korg after I got home and was surprised to see it was Taika Waititi, the Director. I was sure it was going to be Rhys Darby.
                    Yeah, I’d figured it was from the New Zealander director. I read that Korg’s accent is homage to all the Polynesian/Maori/Samoan bouncers found in every Auckland night club in town, lol
                    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Finally had a chance to catch THOR: RAGNAROK last Saturday night. Gotta say, I was thoroughly entertained and loved the arena match between Thor and the Hulk (even if the Hulk was, as Hector says, powered down a bit). And while I was a bit worried about Surtur after the opening sequence, Taika Watiti made sure I was disappointed with him in the end! Far and away the most entertaining and fun of the three Thor installments.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎