Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THOR: RAGNAROK "SPOILER FREE" reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

THOR: RAGNAROK "SPOILER FREE" reviews...

Thought I'd start a couple of threads for the new Thor movie. Haven't seen it yet, but am hoping to this weekend. If you've seen it and want to post a spoiler free review, do it here! I'll start another thread for alla you spoilers out there! I hope the movie is as entertaining as I've heard it is...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

I'm going to the Saturday Matinee. Pretty excited to see this one.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

None of the Thor movies have knocked my socks off, neither his character for that matter...but I’ll still check it out after the crowds die down a bit...
      sigpic

Comment

• number 6
        Village Idiot
        • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
        None of the Thor movies have knocked my socks off, neither his character for that matter...but I’ll still check it out after the crowds die down a bit...

Agree, though the previews make this one look one look different in tone from the others, more like GotG.

Plus...Hulk.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Yup...
          sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Seen it twice now.
            Yeah, it's good. Easily one of the most consistently entertaining and thrilling MCU movies so far.
            The comedic element is really ramped up in this one, pretty close to the level of GotG, in fact... But luckily the humour doesn't overpower the narrative.
            There are some stunning battle sequences (not just the epic gladiatorial match) in which we truly see Thor unleashed, kicking a** in a way we haven't seen before in any of the movies up to now.
            Lots of nods and references to the other MCU movies, plus cool appearances by a couple of other MCU characters.
            Cate Blanchett is awesome. She's really reveling in this villainous role. Amazing performance.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
              Seen it twice now.
              Yeah, it's good. Easily one of the most consistently entertaining and thrilling MCU movies so far.
              The comedic element is really ramped up in this one, pretty close to the level of GotG, in fact... But luckily the humour doesn't overpower the narrative.
              There are some stunning battle sequences (not just the epic gladiatorial match) in which we truly see Thor unleashed, kicking a** in a way we haven't seen before in any of the movies up to now.
              Lots of nods and references to the other MCU movies, plus cool appearances by a couple of other MCU characters.
              Cate Blanchett is awesome. She's really reveling in this villainous role. Amazing performance.
              Couldn't have said it better myself. It's all of this and a bag of chips so to speak. Very fun and it doesn't drag at all and it clocks in at about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Not a spoiler, just a heads up. there are basically 3 Marvel Comic Book story lines wrapped up in this movie. I won't give them away...but a Marvel reader from the 80's to now will know exactly which 3 they are. Go see it and if they have any leftover giveaways grab them. I got a Ragnorok coin that was supposed to only be given to 3D viewers, went to see it in IMAX, and there is a limited edition ticket that the theater that I went to only had 1000 of. Embossed art of Hemsworth as Thor...there was also a contest/survey/giveaway attached with the limited edition ticket. You take a pic with ticket in hand and can win some stuff from Regal Theaters. Just go see the movie...you won't be disappointed in it at all. Stick around until all the credits are finished.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

So. Much. Fun!!!!

I just had a blast with this. Superhero entertainment done right.

I'm always the fool in the theater who belly laughs constantly. The guy next to me chuckled once or twice. To him and others I may have disturbed, I apologize. I just had such a good time with this film.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

A ton of fun. Just as fun as the trailers make it look. Looking forward to seeing it again. Hemsworth really inhabits the role now, and Kate Blanchett was amazing. Great cast all the way around!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Just got back from seeing this, and wow, what and fun and visually amazing movie! Lots of things will remind you of GOTG, but it's turned up to an eleven. Cate Blanchett is stunning in this role, I probably would have been fine with her being the only storyline, but we would have missed all of that awesomeness at Jeff Goldblums planet, which is hard to describe.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Best junk planet ever depicted on screen, I think. They bested the Star Wars junk planet of Jakku easily.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 3, 2010

I just got back. Loved it. I still haven't been able to see the second Thor movie without falling asleep, but this one was awesome!
                        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

Lots of fun. One of the best Marvel movies. Hemsworth has really proven to be quite the comedic actor.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            Couldn't have said it better myself. It's all of this and a bag of chips so to speak. Very fun and it doesn't drag at all and it clocks in at about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Not a spoiler, just a heads up. there are basically 3 Marvel Comic Book story lines wrapped up in this movie. I won't give them away...but a Marvel reader from the 80's to now will know exactly which 3 they are. Go see it and if they have any leftover giveaways grab them. I got a Ragnorok coin that was supposed to only be given to 3D viewers, went to see it in IMAX, and there is a limited edition ticket that the theater that I went to only had 1000 of. Embossed art of Hemsworth as Thor...there was also a contest/survey/giveaway attached with the limited edition ticket. You take a pic with ticket in hand and can win some stuff from Regal Theaters. Just go see the movie...you won't be disappointed in it at all. Stick around until all the credits are finished.
                            I went on your recommendation Berto and yeah, even though I found the last two Thor movies "Meh", this one was a lot of fun.

Totally found myself smiling during the epic battle at the end. What a blast.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                              I went on your recommendation Berto and yeah, even though I found the last two Thor movies "Meh", this one was a lot of fun.

Totally found myself smiling during the epic battle at the end. What a blast.
                              That's great. Glad I could help in deciding Now if I could only get Led Zeppelin's 'Immigrant Song' out of my head I'll be just fine. Thinking of going to see it again to see the easter eggs I may have missed in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎