Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C'mon FTC ... where's the pics (and the figures)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

C'mon FTC ... where's the pics (and the figures)?

I am LOVING the recent announcements of a new Joker, unmasked HQ, Supergirl, and now Robin. BUT where are the pics FTC? The card backs look nice, but c'mon!

Also, with these announcements, where are all the announced figures (Wonder Woman, Blue Falcon, 66 Catwomen, etc)?

I'm not slamming FTC, but genuinely asking, "where are the pics and announced figure lines?" I'm starting to feel like I'm dating FTC and they're just leading me on.
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Think of it like the teaser that come before the preview of a new movie.

You get a taste. The movie isn't out yet.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

taking forever to get 66 Batman Newmar Catwoman....I guess slow overall sales are causing their delay's for new figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

What was the last actual new release? Scooby Doo? I'm not counting redressed variants either.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

If you got constantly criticized and had slow sales of your product, you'd want to take more time to try and get product right so as to try and boost sales. They've had like what, 2 + years to finally figure out "Hey, better to take our time then rush product to market?"
          And with them raising the prices on their figures in the last 6 months, that hasn't helped either, only made consumers more and more picky.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by darkbros
            If you got constantly criticized and had slow sales of your product, you'd want to take more time to try and get product right so as to try and boost sales. They've had like what, 2 + years to finally figure out "Hey, better to take our time then rush product to market?"
            And with them raising the prices on their figures in the last 6 months, that hasn't helped either, only made consumers more and more picky.
            I highly doubt the slow down is because of making the product better,otherwise they would of scrapped that crappy featherweight body they have been using for years. One for sure,the continuous unnecessary variants is certainly not helping their cause.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
              I highly doubt the slow down is because of making the product better,otherwise they would of scrapped that crappy featherweight body they have been using for years. One for sure,the continuous unnecessary variants is certainly not helping their cause.
              The Chinese made bodies are better than their original 2010 bodies they used on their Mad Monster series. The Bands still suck BIG Time, they
              still rely on trying to do a doubled single band approach, instead of just using O rings which are already made on the market. That has been the only complaint I've had of their recent bodies....YMMV. Whenever I get a Male figure of their's now, I check and see if it is recent or not.

Variants are just the Mattel approach of doing things....keep pumping out the same Batman / Robin/Superman, and someone will buy them helping
              to push quarterly sales and move back stock of parts. ( imagine boxes upon boxes of Superman/Superboy/Batman suits and Robin Vests in their warehouse)
              In the end, it hasn't worked for Mattel, and FTC will eventually get the hint.
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

I'm personally waiting on any news about Hawkman and the Super Friends. For once, I'd like to see a Super Friends action figure line with all 13 members of the Legion of Doom. Only 4 villains left and one hero, Hawkman. Let's complete this line!!!

Comment

• kingkongsy
                  • Oct 3, 2017

I don't know what to make of FTC anymore. They started dropping the ball and no one there is really taking care of quality control. I still buy their stuff but mostly have to fix the mistakes myself. I am still looking forward to the Wonder Woman line but will custom make my own Dynasty KISS stuff except for the Gene figure. The Destroyer figures were crazy expensive for the stuff we got, just feel that in some cases I can do a lot better because I care enough about my figures. I do sculpting and adjustments on my stuff and I hope that FTC continues making figures in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎