Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty shaken up...don't know what to think.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by number 6
    At the risk of not seeing the forest for the trees I have to ask...

Is it just me or does anyone else find it extremely unusual that the entire staff left for the night?

I understand that this is a destination resort, not a Best Western on the side of the road accommodating people who are too tire to travel or on their way to something better.

But I can’t think of any example of overnight accomidations where the staff abandon their clients after a certain hour. Has anyone spent the night at a place like that?

I would think there would be some serious liability issues. Real or not, what if you had been so scared you had a heart attack?
    Good point. We called the emergency number three times and left two messages and never got a reply. I even called the following morning after we got home to let them know we checked out a day early (after having already paid) and they didn't even ask why.
    Our biggest issue was when we left there were ZERO and I mean ZERO lights on outside. We wouldn't have been able to find our car without a flashlight. It was pitch black.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^I think you stayed at a really crappy hotel on top of having a true supernatural encounter.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Crazy enough, I just stumbled on this article "Why Do People See Ghosts". I'm not trying to cheapen your experience or explain it away, but this one part does have some interesting parallels to your story.

You live and then you die and then you rot in a hole—or so say the elites, with their glasses, and their PhDs in neuroscience. This bummer reality has never appealed much to Americans, 72 percent of whom believe in some kind of afterlife. It’s a comparatively rarer, though still sizable, breed of American who believe…

Another explanation involves expectations, and there a couple of lovely demonstrations of this effect. Some years ago, for a term project, one of my students took some people to a local graveyard. In one condition, people were taken to a particular grave and told, this is the grave of some old guy who died at 72 of natural causes. Nothing weird about it. This is late at night, midnight. And they would ask: what do you feel? Are you getting any sensations? And people said well, no, not really. And then in the other condition they took people to the same grave at about the same time, late at night, and said it was the grave of a teen girl who died tragically—she’d killed herself after her boyfriend left her, and she’s said to haunt this grave at midnight on the night in question, and this is the anniversary of her suicide. People freaked out. They saw her, they heard her—and it was all due to expectations. I’m not saying that the folks who experienced the ghost of this non-existent teenage girl were lying, or crazy, or hysterical—they weren’t. Their brain was just doing what brains do; they were using information they were given, which turned out to be incorrect.

Comment

• Moxen
          Museum Patron
          • Nov 6, 2016

Having experienced things myself, I know what it feels like. What you experienced has always been there, but you are aware of it now. It's just another part of the world we live in that we don't fully understand and if it would help, feel free to message me.

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

I guess I fall in the camp that I'd just have to see it myself. Can't help it. I'm a sceptic. All these years... All these reality shows with ghost hunters saying "did you hear that". Haven't seen anything yet. My brother-in-laws swear there is something like a Bigfoot on the acres of family land at the back of the county, and they tell some compelling stories but in this day of satellite surveillance and everyone having a video camera in their pocket, if it was out there, there would be signs or bones or something.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^I think you stayed at a really crappy hotel on top of having a true supernatural encounter.
              That's for sure. I think that aspect actually increases my desire to visit there, it's the whole package!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

This has to be the most bizarre Museum thread I've read in my time here.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                  This has to be the most bizarre Museum thread I've read in my time here.
                  You obviously didn't read the post about Hector's botched circumcision over the Summer.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                    Memory *is* RAM!
                    • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by J.B.
                    You obviously didn't read the post about Hector's botched circumcision over the Summer.
                    If he's ordering stuff from Katz' deli, I don't know if I'd call it "botched..."
                    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

When he said "take a little off the top and sides"...things went a little awry.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                        Okay... now I know its the most bizarre.... I mean, after reading your post I was immediately like: "Hector's attempt at increased hygiene efficiency being derailed is one thing, we're talking Knott's Berry Farm meets Paranormal Activity hosted by Ashton Kutcher here!"

If that was my gut reaction to your reference... well, somethin's definitely up!
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎