Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

DC getting it right for a change. This WW and Aquaman are going to set things right with the DC movies.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I'm shocked. I...I like the looks of a new DC movie. It actually looks FUN!

Hopefully not the way the Suicide Squad trailer made that look fun.

I think I actually want to see this.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Some of the stills I've seen from Aquaman look Amazing. Batman is evergreen no matter what they do with him, and WB can still course-correct for Superman. I'm on board for WW2 as well, the DC movies may pull out.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

One thing I must say--and many people here know how much I like and care about these characters: I never thought I'd live to see an Aquaman or Shazam! film. That's pretty terrific.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

The trailer makes the movie look a little different than what I was expecting the movie to be, but in no way does that mean I don't like what I am seeing. It looks fun and historically, comics for kids was rooted in "wish-fulfillment". Probably no character more than Captain Marvel and they really seem to get that. I'm positively on the hook for this one. The kid that's playing Freddy was really good in a short-lived TV show called "Me, Myself, and I" and it looks like he will be really good in this, too.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Wow, it has a Marvel Ant-Man/Big (Tom Hanks movie) vibe to it, I’m digging it...

Thank you, Warner Bros/DC for moving away from your darkness...
              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Another trailer that surprised me, but in the best way possible. Looks like it’s going to be a fun, lightweight superhero movie that combines elements of, yes, BIG, but also THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO and maybe even a little HERO AT LARGE (a hugely underrated movie IMHO), to boot. It’ll be weird to see Christmas in April, but I think my psyche can survive it, plus Christmas may only be a short time period in the film.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 12, 2014

It looks very good. I want to see it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Man, yesterday's DC trailers were both awesome. Very excited for both!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

I don't like it.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Man, yesterday's DC trailers were both awesome. Very excited for both!!!
                        Same. They definitely won SDCC, plus all the CW shows. I can't wait for all of this stuff!

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Aquaman trailer has 11,861,264 views...Shazam trailer has 5,637,427 views...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

The ONLY criticism I have are Shazam’s shoulders...they look like football pads...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hector
                              Aquaman trailer has 11,861,264 views...Shazam trailer has 5,637,427 views...
                              There are multiple uploads of either of those trailers on YouTube alone so the number of views are above even that for each. I'd expect Aquaman to be higher because the character is already established in DC movies and Momoa is awesome.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Looks interesting...

Not sure about the actor cast as Cap... but I'll wait until I've seen the movie before deciding.

Regarding the tone... there's a certain level of joyous, light-heartedness which is inherent in the Captain Marvel mythos... but I hope they aren't so fixated on differentiating this movie from the previous darker DCU movies that they go too far with it and play it too much for laughs.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎