Yeah, he's magic, armour is dumb.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Rumour is that Mark Strong (Green Lantern, John Carter, Kingsman, etc.) is in talks to play Doctor Sivana.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes (uh-oh). And Disney's Asher Angel as Billy.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Meet your new Billy Batson actor...

Asher Angel has joined the DC universe. The young actor has been cast in New Line's superhero film Shazam! in the role of Billy Batson, the teenage boy who is able to transform into the adult superhero, Shazam, which will be portrayed by Zachary Levi. Batson derives his heroic attributes by saying the phrase, “Shazam” which is an acronym of the ancient world gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury. David F. Sandberg is at the helm…
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
            Meet your new Billy Batson actor...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...201512577.html
            Bummer!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Ugh! IMHO, there is no way to turn down the smarm factor on that kid enough to make him come across as Billy Batson, unless, of course, DC is planning on screwing this pooch, too, by making Batson a smarmy, pre-teen dbag...
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Grumpy complaint!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I feel sorry for any actors cast in super hero films, and even more for kid actors. People are so harsh, usually when they don't even know the actor or their work. Plus...they are still kids.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I just can't care, this kid is good as any Billy to me. Billy parts (much like Hella parts last week) will be when i choose to go to the bathroom, which is sadly on the rise.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I don't know this kid's acting at all, as I don't watch the Disney channel like Lonnie and emeraldknight apparently do. From the pic of him in the article he does look like he suits the part.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

My daughter watches that show, and as far as I've seen, the kid's a decent actor. Almost all the kids on those Disney shows are. They are a freaking machine, cranking out the kids stuff. While the shows don't appeal to the adults, the quality really shouldn't be in question.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

It just a kid actor. What some of you want...a young Marlon Brando?

sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Comic-con Trialer:

A DC superhero movie that looks fun?!? How did that happen!

Comment

• Random Axe
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Apr 16, 2008

I'm super surprised with this trailer. this looks really, really good. I'm stoked that it's actually going to be in the same universe as the rest. I'll totally lose it if at the end Superman makes a cameo in a mentor roll.
                              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

This is mostly New52 Shazam!, but I'm still excited and still like Levi. I'm a little concerned that Billy is cast as too old.

My gravest concern is that Cap will be played in a "Big" kind of way as merely a super-powered kid. There has to be a character arc, and after all Cap has the Wisdom of Solomon.

It does look fun, and I love your suggestion, Ax, about a cameo--which would do a lot for Superman, too.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 21, '18, 3:32 PM.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎