Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Thank you, Warner Bros/DC for moving away from your darkness...
    Unfortunately, Titans didn't get the memo.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Unfortunately, Titans didn't get the memo.

Chris
      Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with Titans. I'm excited for Doom Patrol and what that's going to look like, but I don't know how jazzed I am about that Titans trailer. I do think the next season of Arrow looks good, and that show has been pretty dark as well. My boyfriend watches with me and always complains about all of the inconsequential killing whenever Oliver and crew go up against the big bad's thugs. Then I say, "It's comic book violence..." But he kind of has a point.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

I am going to see this movie.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

As with most comic book movie adaptations, they've made a few changes... Apparently there are substantial alterations to Doctor Sivana's origins...

In the Shazam! movie, 14-year-old orphan Batson is selected by a 3,000-year-old Wizard to inherit his powers due to his pure heart. The film’s version of Sivana also encountered The Wizard as a kid — but he was rejected to receive his powers. Ever since then, Sivana has spent his life searching for a way to gain the abilities that Billy now possesses in a desire to live up to the expectations of a domineering father."

And it’s not just him, really, it’s … something else … that lent him (Sivana) his powers … he can do some things that Shazam can’t. The danger in some films is the bad guy has the same powers as the good guy. [Sivana] has an extra thing, extra dynamic, that takes care of that….”
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

I can't wait to see Shazam. It looks like the Tom Hanks movie Big, but with a costume and super powers.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎