X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

New UFO?

This might sound crazy, and I'm not sure Palitoy will agree, but I'd like to see a new (reboot/continuation, etc.) of the Gerry Anderson UFO series.

I got turned onto the show after a recommendation and I find myself wanting more. The show is very cool and had potential, I'd enjoy more adventures of Shado in some format.

Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, and Dr. Who were successfully reintroduced. I think UFO could be, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

There has been talk about both a revival tv show and a new movie over the years but obviously nothing happened. I doubt any new version would have much resemblance to the original series beyond the basic battle against aliens theme. I would prefer no one try redoing or updating it.

UFO is a great and underrated show.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I'm sure I wouldn't like a remake

For me personally, at least 50% of my love for UFO is just for the 60's settings and atmosphere .......... Today that would be lost and it would be just another covert alien invasion show

I think UFO is a prime example of a show that could not be remade and still be good.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I see what you mean, but I hadn't really intended that the mod/"futurist" aspect would be jettisoned. Can it exist only in a time capsule?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Only a fan production with deep pockets could do it justice

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey
            Only a fan production with deep pockets could do it justice
            Ech, anything but that.

I really don't know what a new UFO would look like, the show was ahead of it's time with it's dark and trippy themes. A good show runner could rein in all those ideas and make a compelling story arc.

But then there's the style, I'd love to see something set in the future that tries as hard as the original did but also included nods to the "1980" look.

However, I have zero interest in this "Branson MO" stuff where we replicate things to the tiniest detail.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
              Career Member
              • Jul 30, 2012

Liked UFO, but I would have preferred Space 2099. To bad that was scrapped.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎