Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

The tiger read the upcoming scripts and said "just kill me now"...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

It would have been funny instead of a Siberian Tiger the King had a pet African Elephant --- named Kool Aid

Everytime he was in a jam he'd yell HEY KOOL AID !!! ---- and Kool Aid would smash in and destroy everything

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Well...that was probably the best Negan scenes yet. I like the tension with Simon and the leaders. If they stayed with them, it would be interesting to watch. Almost like Rick and co are now the bad guys in plot device.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Never having read the comic, was the chopper Rick saw real or imagined or was that even in the book?
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
            Well...that was probably the best Negan scenes yet. I like the tension with Simon and the leaders. If they stayed with them, it would be interesting to watch. Almost like Rick and co are now the bad guys in plot device.
            Agreed...that was by far the best Negan scenes to date. The Saviors perspective was welcoming. We finally got to see their side of the fence. Negan opening up like that...took the cartoony aspect of his character out. Good to explore Simon’s character too.

Best episode of the season.
            sigpic

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
              Agreed...that was by far the best Negan scenes to date. The Saviors perspective was welcoming. We finally got to see their side of the fence. Negan opening up like that...took the cartoony aspect of his character out. Good to explore Simon’s character too.

Best episode of the season.
              I agree on this as well. I found myself drawn to this episode way more than any this season.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Copter stuff is new. IMO, they're adding a DC element dodged in the books.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the confession part of the story, it kinda worked. It's a slow episode, but at least there is something that is watchable.
                  But if they think that adding that Negan is a social worker gone rogue (and he really loved his first wife!) will make me empathize with him, no way. It's like saying "but Hitler really liked his dog, and he made nice paintings".
                  If I were Gabriel, I would have taken his confession, put a bullet in him, and sent him on his way (to hell).

What I did dislike is "we're surrounded by walkers, dozens around us!" and two minutes later, they walk in the door and Negan doesn't even has a scratch. Come on people, put some effort in your writing, at least think of a way how this could have worked and show us.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Btw, I really hope this chopper stuff will move the story away from Sociopath of the Week, and towards a solution/cure, at least something new.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Yeah, changing the entire focus to looking for the source and cure would do wonders, agreed... ^^^^^^^
                      sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Only way that's happening is if Kirkman is pushed aside. Strange irony: the creator didn't realize his own material wouldn't translate cleanly to another medium. Usually, it's an outside producer who makes the mistake of over-fixing the source

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                          Yeah, changing the entire focus to looking for the source and cure would do wonders, agreed... ^^^^^^^
                          Agree 100%. I would love to see what it was that began the Zombie Apocalypse in the first place and the only way to find a cure for said ZA is to find out how it began. If they have to step on Kirkman's toes, then step on those little piggies. LOL!
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

it was the blue crystal meth.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

I really don't think changing the tone to finding a cure or the cause would hold my interest any more than the current war storyline does.

I kind of think it's just time to wrap it up. Start tying up the storyline and move to a conclusion in the vein of the last season of Breaking Bad. If anyones life is up for grabs, it could become "must watch" again.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

I agree. Wrap it up. It had a GREAT run, but it is homework now.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎