X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
    That big Samoan dude could’ve also easily picked up Ezekiel from the watery ditch as well.

Please...
    I was thinking that too right when he first found him.

He could have firman's carried him the whole way and let the king shoot the zombies

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Exactly...
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I mean seriously...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

650 pound highly muscular tiger, equipped with four set of claws, huge sharp incisors teeth, powerful PSI bite, highly predatory, and agile/quick animal...

vs

50-75 pound slow moving, decaying, dull incisors molar-based low PSI biting, non thinking cadavers...

Yeah, okay...

sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by drquest
            Yes on both counts.... I was rolling my eyes too much last night, stupid things were around every corner. Carol was my favorite part, but even that was written poorly.
            Carol? Who 'dat? Is she still on the show?

Last season she had about 10 lines total, and this season she stands there grinning like a dummy as Zeke pontificates..

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

This whole season is going to start dragging...lots of melodramatic speeches coming, and solo episodes for minor characters. I'll bet we have a Gabriel/Negan show, Daryl hasn't had a lone episode in awhile, probably Jesus, Maggie, and the Junkyard people.
              Could have ended in episode one while they all stood holding their fire instead of killing Negan & crew while they debated on the porch. Last year it was a big deal when Eugene made a single bullet...so big that Negan took him along because of it. This year they fire endless rounds back & forth like they have train cars full of ammo. They take prisoners for no good reason. The tiger can't fight a dozen walke4s and folds as easily as Rick's horse did. What was the point of Martinez' return for 10 minutes of screen time? The writing gets worse and worse.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Everything you posted was right on the money ^^^^^^^
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

you think it is show burnout or they are just getting lazy?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    There's a reason why all the modern Trek shows (except Enterprise, which didn't get there) wrapped their series after 7 seasons. The law of diminishing (creative) returns..

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      I think it's that basically, they decide on a season long arc, and then have to stretch it out until the end. We pretty much know that nothing will happen to end Negan until the season finale. So they put all these filler episodes in to mark time. I wish all shows would do away with the arc format and just go back to weekly episodic tv. But I guess in order to lure actors to a series they need to offer more than a weekly guest star role. Maybe 1/2 season arcs would be better, we could then end the war by January and the second half would be rebuild and setup for the next year.
                      Still doesn't excuse ridiculous plot holes like the ammo or guns (there were none to be found last year, this year everyone has a machine gun...yippee ki yi yay!)

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

LOL.....You guys always make me laugh......lol
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

650 pound highly muscular tiger, equipped with four set of claws, huge sharp incisors teeth, powerful PSI bite, highly predatory, and agile/quick animal...

vs

50-75 pound slow moving, decaying, dull incisors molar-based low PSI biting, non thinking cadavers...

Yeah, okay...

That didn't make any sense to me either. Why did the tiger just lay down and not make any attempt to escape? Just too many contrivances on this show now. Walking Dead was once on my must-watch list... I feel like nowadays it's meandering around as aimless as the zombies.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Besides everything else I thought it was bad writing not having Rik at least try a pit maneuver when he was riding alongside the Hummer --- maybe it wouldn't have worked cause his Jeep is too small but as a former law enforcement officer he should have at least tried without even thinking about it.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

vs

Yeah, okay...

I thought the same thing, but I'm fine with it as long as I don't have to see that stupid tiger anymore! Is it bad that I cheered?

Stupid tiger...
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Disagreed. The CGI tiger was better than any of the real actors. I don’t care when any of the humans die. I actually was a little sad when the fake tiger died...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎