Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Never thought it would come to this but i'm very sick of the entire Zombie genre.

There really isn't much zombie-related that could entertain me anymore.

It's like Star Wars --- in the late 80's early 90's we were starving for more --- and today we're drowning in it.

Before the zombie genre dies a long rotting death i'd like to see a fun Zombieland 2 then I can happily let it go.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Maybe we could get zombie Star Wars?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

You negative nellies what are you expecting?...lol
        It’s a tv series based off of a comic book ,
        based in a world about Zombies( wait zombies don’t exist here they are walkers )...lol
        I’m still loving it,I don’t take it seriously and for farsical I still watch Z nation.
        You can never have too much zombies!!!.....Ever!!!
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

^ I agree, which is why I wish Walking Dead featured the zombies more heavily. They are background cattle now.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by fallensaviour
            You negative nellies what are you expecting?...lol
            It’s a tv series based off of a comic book ,
            based in a world about Zombies( wait zombies don’t exist here they are walkers )...lol
            I’m still loving it,I don’t take it seriously and for farsical I still watch Z nation.
            You can never have too much zombies!!!.....Ever!!!
            I wish I could still watch shows without questioning them. I overheard a conversation recently about WD and this woman just LOVED everything that happened last season and couldn't wait for the premiere of the new one. She loved/hated Negan, loved when the tiger attacked all the bad guys, couldn't wait for Michonne and Maggie to take charge... She was really into it. Everything she mentioned as positives for her were negatives for me. I was kind of jealous.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I wish I could still watch shows without questioning them. I overheard a conversation recently about WD and this woman just LOVED everything that happened last season and couldn't wait for the premiere of the new one. She loved/hated Negan, loved when the tiger attacked all the bad guys, couldn't wait for Michonne and Maggie to take charge... She was really into it. Everything she mentioned as positives for her were negatives for me. I was kind of jealous.
              It seems to be following closely to the comics right now so that’s why I’m so surprised there are so many haters of the current story lines.
              If you are a fan of the books then you should really enjoy the show now if a casual fan of the “tv series” then obviously opinions will be different.
              I just find it really,really funny when people complain about how stupid and fake a situation is that comes up in the show when it based on a “comic book zombie apocalypse” ....lol
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

^^Don't you think that's a cop out? "It's based on a comic book so of course it's stupid."? I get that they're trying to follow the source material, but there's no way that even 1/3 of the series fans have ever read the comics.

I can accept a "zombie apocalypse" because if you buy the premise, you buy the bit. It's done in a way that feels real. Now a tiger, on the other hand, that knows the bad guys from the good guys and which ones to attack *even in a zombie apocalypse* I can't buy. Rick preaching that there's one main guy to kill and then when 30+ people evidentally all have a clear shot at him and no one takes it I also can't buy. It may work in the comics, but it doesn't work in live action, and I don't think it would take much to tweak the live action so it WOULD work... but they didn't.

I'm still watching because they've had bad seasons before, like the one where Carol's daughter was missing, and have come back... I just don't think it's going to happen this time.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I don't have any problems suspending my disbelief. I can accept almost anything. Except story stagnation and lack of gratification for tuning in every week. I don't feel like I'm impatient, I feel like the show is stuck in a very confining set of story parameters. The big surprise is that Fear the Walking Dead got better last season.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Also, it's not a farce, so they need to follow natural law and logic, otherwise it's just lazy writing. So it doesn't get a pass as just a "silly" show.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

I’m not going to defend it to you....lol
                      Either you like it or you don’t.
                      If you have to sit there and rationalize a tigers behaviour then maybe this show isn’t for you....lol

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

I'm not asking you to defend the show and wouldn't want you to. It's the "it's comics, it's stupid" thing.

It didn't used to be stupid and I did like it.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 28, 2006

Well the “it’s comics,it’s stupid” argument is still valid...lol
                          I’m sorry you liked it before but it has always been stupid from the get go.
                          Season one man wakes up from coma walks out of hospital “after not moving for months? Really?”
                          Merle chops off his hand and survives,really?
                          Putting zombie guts on yourself for disguise,really?
                          Finding his wife and kid,with his best friend,really?
                          Not realizing his wife and best friend were in love,really?.....really?
                          I could go on don’t get me wrong I enjoy the show but in all seriousness it’s a popcorn flick at best.
                          It’s Zombies.....Anyway as told by the creator himself.
                          The silly reason there’s a tiger in the walking dead;
                          As told by Robert Kirkman in an entertainment weekly interview last year.
                          “Well, I'll say I'm really excited about Ezekiel and Shiva getting into the show because that's probably the wildest swing I took in the comics. You know, a guy who has a pet tiger [and] who speaks like some kind of weird medieval king is pretty strange, and I have to be honest, when I was writing the comic, I was like, 'Hell yeah, let's see how we handle this tiger in the show! This is going to be difficult!' So to actually get to this point where we are adapting it into the show and to see the show expand in this way that the comic did in the past is pretty cool.”
                          Shiva's inclusion in both the Walking Dead comics and TV series was largely because Robert Kirkman thought it was just plain cool.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

^ While I see what you guys are saying about not taking a zombie comic book inspired show too seriously, it's still an immutable fact that just about every tv show runs out of steam eventually. I think this one is starting to feel a little long in the tooth to some and maybe for different reasons all around. Zombie fatigue... Similar plot lines each season... Increased implausibility as the writers try to keep it fresh by introducing more fantastic elements... they are challenges that every ongoing story must deal with I guess.

My biggest frustration is that I wish there was an endgame to it all. I like a story that has a beginning, a middle and an end. After seven seasons, I don't know what they are trying to get to in the end. I guess if you are trying to make a tv show that goes on forever, this would be the way to do it. With no mythology or underlying mystery to solve, this plays out like a reality show following some family or group in their daily lives, only with zombies.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                              Well the “it’s comics,it’s stupid” argument is still valid...lol
                              I’m sorry you liked it before but it has always been stupid from the get go.
                              Season one man wakes up from coma walks out of hospital “after not moving for months? Really?”
                              Merle chops off his hand and survives,really?
                              Putting zombie guts on yourself for disguise,really?
                              Finding his wife and kid,with his best friend,really?
                              Not realizing his wife and best friend were in love,really?.....really?
                              I could go on don’t get me wrong I enjoy the show but in all seriousness it’s a popcorn flick at best.
                              It’s Zombies.....Anyway as told by the creator himself.
                              The silly reason there’s a tiger in the walking dead;
                              As told by Robert Kirkman in an entertainment weekly interview last year.
                              “Well, I'll say I'm really excited about Ezekiel and Shiva getting into the show because that's probably the wildest swing I took in the comics. You know, a guy who has a pet tiger [and] who speaks like some kind of weird medieval king is pretty strange, and I have to be honest, when I was writing the comic, I was like, 'Hell yeah, let's see how we handle this tiger in the show! This is going to be difficult!' So to actually get to this point where we are adapting it into the show and to see the show expand in this way that the comic did in the past is pretty cool.”
                              Shiva's inclusion in both the Walking Dead comics and TV series was largely because Robert Kirkman thought it was just plain cool.
                              Hmmm. Ok, I suppose that's fair. I guess I was willing to accept those things as believable from the get go, even tho they're not realistic to be sure. It goes back to the
                              "buy the premise, buy the bit" thing. I bought the premise.

I thoiught of something else: When people were complaining about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull being ridiculous, my arguement was that ALL of Indiana Jones was ridiculous. That's the way I saw it from the start. Had I looked at Walking Dead the same way, perhaps I would feel different about where it is now.
                              Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Oct 27, '17, 9:47 AM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                                Custom Mego Maker
                                • Jun 3, 2007

Ha!
                                I am going to watch Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢