• Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
    That’s the least of my gripes.

How about...

*Fuel never goes bad
    *Car batteries always work
    *Tires never deflate
    *Everyone has pretty white teeth
    *No one really runs outta bullets (they say they do, but not really)
    *None seem to come to a logical conclusion to travel far north, where it freezes...they could all rest for a few months outta the year, or if they get bored, start impaling frozen Walkers’ heads
    *Maggie has been pregnant for it seems like years, lol
    *Walkers, despite rotting flesh and loss of muscles, somehow still have force to bite down
    *Seems like electricity is no problem, everyone has light
    *Canned food has no expiration date in this world
    *Funny how these inept people managed to survive, but not armed forces, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Green Berets, etc...for they were highly skilled, trained, and actually knew how to tactically fight with controlled shooting bursts...unlike these idiots who waste bullets like imbeciles, lol

...and on, and on...and on...

And nobody is riding bicycles.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      And nobody is riding bicycles.
      Well, in everyone's defense, we all saw what happens to bike riders way back in Episode One.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

When hording food they always go after canned stuff

I'd stock up on the Knorr's garlic pasta shells

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I like the amazing fact that some men are clean-shaven, women have shaped eyebrows and perfect skin.
          And you can wear the same shirt for eight years and still not stink up the place.
          The apocalypse really isn't that bad...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^All that's true, but the timeline isn't even technically that long.

Everything we've seen has occurred within 2-3 years by chronological standards of the outbreak, but Carl's aging process plus the fifedom rebuilds imply several years.

I think that's the heart of the problem. They didn't want to commit to either chronology because it constrained their story ideas, except you need those constraints to make events and actions plausible. If they held to the outbreak timeline, it would've required a longer shooting schedule at the start which AMC couldn't afford. If they held to real-world aging, that requires the time between seasons to be acknowledged as lapsing, which goes against the serialized format of never-ending cliffhangers.

I'm sure if they could re-map production, they would have TWD following real-world time and use Fear to fill-in the gaps. That would have been an interesting way to parse out information. Instead, they kept Fear as a prequel because it made for a cheaper budget.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

As I said before, and I’ll say it again...in a zombie apocalypse...the armed forces would be the only ones standing...not average everyday folks. Certainly not this inept group who has zero tactical prowess in the art of offense, defensive, etc.

You think Rick and company would be more effective than Navy Seals, Delta Force, Green Berets, Marines, etc...?

Who has more bullets, armament, vehicles, choppers, jets, ships, field of command, established rankings, combat experience, fuel, self-sufficient energy, nuclear powered elements, medics/medicine, food supply, fresh water, and on, and on, and on?

Certainly not some journeyman local hick town sheriff, a dirty biker, a ranch chick, an abused wife, some middle class woman whose boyfriend/husband/brother used to own a samurai sword, and company?

Hell no...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Best episode of the season so far...

SPOILERS....

Man, I’m actually going to miss Simon...second best character after Dwight. And I hope Dwight himself survives in the season finale...

END OF SPOILERS...
                sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

Agreed that it was a watchable ep, but Eugene barfing on Rosita as a means of escape has to be one of the show's more ridiculous moments

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I hated that scene too...
                    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I hope they don't forgive Eugene and let him back in. He's the worst, a coward and a liar.

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                        I hope they don't forgive Eugene and let him back in. He's the worst, a coward and a liar.
                        They are probably setting him up for redemption in some manner...
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

So, Morgan is walking to the west coast?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            So, Morgan is walking to the west coast?
                            I'm wondering if he might be getting picked up in that Huey helicopter and flown away...

One issue is, isn't FTWD's timeline well behind the timeline of TWD?
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Way I see it, Morgan is as good as dead next week. His stint on Fear will be a time gap filler. The only issue is if what gap they have when you consider his "locked up, learn zen" episode.

I have a feeling they're going to kill Rosita and Eugene together, ala Vasquez and Gorman.

So Rick is going to get to brink of killing Negan and spare him...okey dokey.

Maybe Lincoln is done and they've been able to keep it hush.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I wonder about Rick checking out, Carl is supposed to show back up on the season finale, maybe in one of those dream sequence things like when Glenn died. They really should have played them like Andy and Opie in the apocalypse.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎