X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by hedrap
    Ha. Ha. Yes, he's destined for the grinder.

Once again, didn't they provide the solution to their woes? You can build a trash heap that acts as a maze and just funnel the dead into the grinder. The major obstacle is maintenance, but even then TWD has shown a level of Mad Max resourcefulness so keeping the parts working shouldn't be an issue.

Then again, where the hell was the power being generated from...is that part of the "solar panels" Simon was referring to?
    My son asked the same thing and I think it was gas powered... I'm curious about the solar panels and heliport Simon mentioned, but knowing the TWD writers they probably won't ever mention it again.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

At the end of the day...the reason the Walking Dead is not must see TV anymore...is because it stopped being fun...it’s just a bore fest now...
      sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I thought the thing with the grinder was actually good fun. Now they have tons of "zombie camouflage material".
        This could actually solve the entire walker problem.
        You grind them up, stand beneath the conveyor belt and get covered, lure more zombies in, and presto. In a couple of months, they're all gone.

And they lived happily ever after...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

You know what?
          I think TWD got a little better in the last few eps.
          Better stories, less stupid decisions, and this last one actually had a little solid action in it.
          They're still struggling, like last ep had swamp zombies. They could have done some great scenes with those (SWAMP ZOMBIES!!!!), with twenty minutes of hardcore action, but they just waded through them, nothing to it. Missed opportunity.

Still, I liked last episode, which is refreshing. Who would have thought?
          We even got a Flaming Lucille, which could easily become the name of a new cocktail...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

I actually caught a little bit of it and thought that chase scene with Rick and Negan was ridiculous. Rick can hit a Walker in the head from 150 yards but misses every shot within 20 feet?

Also, are they skimping money on how they shoot this now? Every time I catch a glimpse of it these days the picture looks terrible and that green screening was awful at the end with Negan and Jadis in the car.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
              I actually caught a little bit of it and thought that chase scene with Rick and Negan was ridiculous. Rick can hit a Walker in the head from 150 yards but misses every shot within 20 feet?

Also, are they skimping money on how they shoot this now? Every time I catch a glimpse of it these days the picture looks terrible and that green screening was awful at the end with Negan and Jadis in the car.
              Last episode was a vast improvement. I was actually not bored to death, so I agree with my Belgian brother there.

But I also agree with some of the things you posted.

One of the most aggravating scenes was when Negan was still stuck in the overturned car. Rick just telegraphed his arrival and started wasting ammo by just shooting at the car. Had it been me, I’d silently would’ve approached the car, walked in front of the door, and simply placed one little bullet into Negan’s head, mission accomplished. No drama, no wasted ammo.

Oh, and I hate Tara. She wants Dwight dead so bad. She only dated that chick for only two episodes, lol.

And how many seasons has Maggie been pregnant? Yeah, I know, time elapses differently than the episodes, but this is getting laughingly ridiculous...
              sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

When they were all travelling in the camper and first met Negan, the reason was they needed a doctor for Maggie's baby. Since then the kid has pretty much been ignored, she isn't even showing. Just another step they folllowed from the comic, and an unnecessary one too.
                The entire fight scene was ridiculous again. Rick had to be the worst cop on the force. He has no stealth tactics. And yes, he can pick off a walker between the eyes but can't hit Negan with a machine gun.
                And what's up with Hillary Clinton and her van o'food?

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

And of course Jadis well eff up her revenge plot and Negan will escape. Blah blah blah.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                    sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I agree, the past two episodes have been better, but the entire series is just off center very bad and I don't know if they will make it back to must see TV.
                      Last edited by drquest; Mar 23, '18, 9:52 AM.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                        That is who she's supposed to represent, isn't she?

It's interesting that the new exec looks to be bypassing the Whisperers as a full plot. I think that's a smart move as it was pretty mediocre. I can see that being a mid-season storyline on their way to the mega-colony.

The best part of the show, hands down, is Simon. He's like a Michael Mann character from Miami Vice stepped into the Twilight Zone and ended up in a zombie world. The show is gonna suck without him.

I originally thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan would want out at the end of this season, but killing him is too predictable at this point as it would make this story the exact same as the Governor's. I guess he becomes the new Shane. Imagine if they killed Rick and not Negan...

The last question is, do they keep Hilltop/Kingdom/Sanctuary as a subplot, or do they wipe out so many people, the first half of next season is a wagontrain of survivors to the mega-colony? I'm thinking the latter as it creates a clean break and allows for a reboot of sorts.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Simon and Dwight are the best two characters...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

How many times has Rick told Negan he was gonna kill him? 20 times already? I lost count, lol...
                            sigpic

Comment

• great_chandel
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2, 2015

I am really getting tired of Negan. As much as I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, his character is getting tiresome. They seriously need to introduce "The Whisperers" from the comic book. Also, it truly is a shame that Steven Ogg (Simon), will most likely be written off this season -- he is fantastic! I still love the show though. The characters/story-lines are still engaging.

On a side-note, Norman Reedus really is a nice guy. When I met him a few years ago at a Comic-Con, because his line was so long, he actually left for 30 minutes, came back, and handed out pizzas for people to eat while waiting in line -- cool guy!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

I do agree that the show still needs a lot of work, and it's doubtful it will ever come back as it once was.
                                Yes, Rick should have snuck up to Negan's car and then use his bullets. But then again, he just lost his son, and his mind isn't in "cool and calm" mode. When is it ever?
                                And yes, Negan could have been killed many times over, annoying, to say the least.

But last season, I was shaking my head over every scene, with bad writing and stupid decisions left and right. These last few felt a little more balanced, and I do like that Negan's henchmen are given some "meat on the bone". At this point, they are the most interesting characters.
                                Great characters like Carol are now just extras, which is disappointing, true.

And yes, Maggie seems to be getting slimmer every day. Must be the low rations she is on....

One last thing. I do like that a new character shows up and says "give me your record albums!"
                                If she asks for a copy of Star Wars (original version of course) next, she's ok in my book....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎