Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I’ll admit that my interest in the show has waned over the past couple of years and I think it’s because it suffers from what so many other shows are suffering from: trying to drag a storyline out too long over the course of one season. If you’re going to have a Fall Finale AND a Spring Finale, why not just have those basically be two seasons-within-a-season and plot and write your stories accordingly.

I was expecting some type of emotional resonance to Carl’s passage, but I found it to be hollow and without feeling, which is pretty sad since, besides Andrew Lincoln, he was the longest running cast member (to my knowledge).

I’ll finish out this season, but unless they can rev things up a bit (and cut back on the commercials—-oy vey!), I may not return this autumn.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
      Watched it last night.

Totally s_cked with no redeeming qualities

My finger was on the FF button more than it was off

I just can't watch endless nonsensical boring dialog, music videos and shots of actors looking into the air in contemplation.

Walked Dead turned into a total sh_tfest
      Agreed on everything you posted.

There were more commercials than show...but maybe that was a good thing.

For an hour...I kept saying to myself, die already, lol.

His death did absolutely nothing to me...I was just bored outta my mind.

The only reason I’m still sticking around is hoping for Negan’s death...he better get killed this season, or I’m going to smash my flatscreen, lol...
      sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        I was expecting some type of emotional resonance to Carl’s passage, but I found it to be hollow and without feeling, which is pretty sad since, besides Andrew Lincoln, he was the longest running cast member (to my knowledge).
        It would have had resonance a few years ago. But Carl's role has been so reduced over the last couple seasons.. we'd go multiple eps w/out even seeing him, and in the eps we did, he usually didn't have a significant part to play.

So it's like.. who cares?

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I'm to the point the only character I have some feeling for is Pillsburry (forgot his WD name)

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

This article nails it...

Eight seasons into the gory AMC zombie drama, watching 'The Walking Dead' has turned into a testing chore.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Anybody else tired of the Morgan ninja role? Yeah, me too.

Anybody noticed the weak swings Carol was performing with her rifle? Knocking out people? I mean, zero force...that’s lazy directing...

The kid killing the dude, talk about contrived, lol...
              sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                Fully nude zombie ?

Maybe other horror movies might take a tip from this and start a new trend ... Can't wait to see Frankenstein's saggy balls

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I'm to the point the only character I have some feeling for is Pillsburry (forgot his WD name)
                  Who?

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Who?

The big guy, not sure if he's Spanish or Samoan

He always reminds me of Pillsbury from Land of the Dead

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

The big guy, not sure if he's Spanish or Samoan

He always reminds me of Pillsbury from Land of the Dead
                      Oh yeah...Cooper Andrews...he’s half Samoan, half Hungarian Jewish.

Yeah, you are right, the only likable character in the entire show...

sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I get wanting to sell Carl's passing as heavy, but good lord...that was boringness.

They had the whole Carl/Negan dynamic to play with. It would have been way more interesting if Rick couldn't bring himself to kill Carl, so Carl decides Negan must do it. Then what does Negan do if a dying Carl is approaching him? It was established he doesn't want to Lucille him and it plays right off the story he shared with Elijah about his wife's death.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Lord, those STUPID dream scenes with the kid getting apples and everyone's happy. Let's hope they ended with Carl's death.
                          I fully expected to see Lori & Shane & Glenn's ghosts there at the end to welcome Carl to heaven. Michonne bawling and closeups of Rick's sad red eyes, so maudlin. I'm at the point now where I no longer feel anything for any character. The producers have made everyone so unlikeable that it's disappointing if they DON'T die. If this series is going to keep running they need to clean house and move on with fresh faces.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                            Lord, those STUPID dream scenes with the kid getting apples and everyone's happy. Let's hope they ended with Carl's death.
                            I fully expected to see Lori & Shane & Glenn's ghosts there at the end to welcome Carl to heaven. Michonne bawling and closeups of Rick's sad red eyes, so maudlin. I'm at the point now where I no longer feel anything for any character. The producers have made everyone so unlikeable that it's disappointing if they DON'T die. If this series is going to keep running they need to clean house and move on with fresh faces.
                            They could bring in Rian Johnson. Add a lot more humor and take a different tone.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              ...and closeups of Rick's sad red eyes, so maudlin.
                              Man, red eyeliner to boot, he looked like a damn clown...

sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 29, 2007

Yes. That article is great and right on point. The series is just the same scenario played over and over again now. I think it has been a misstep to not expand the world. They just migrate a few miles and encounter a new threat in a new community. That made some great stories early on... It's just a tired formula now. It just feels like they've run out of story ideas and are counting on new ways to shock the audience to keep folks coming back. You guys all did great work and made a great show. Time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎