Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Anybody else hates the host of Talking Dead?

Can’t stand that dude...nothing but a corporate cheerleader...
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by YoungOnce
      Yes. That article is great and right on point. The series is just the same scenario played over and over again now. I think it has been a misstep to not expand the world. They just migrate a few miles and encounter a new threat in a new community. That made some great stories early on... It's just a tired formula now. It just feels like they've run out of story ideas and are counting on new ways to shock the audience to keep folks coming back. You guys all did great work and made a great show. Time to move on.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

How long has Maggie been pregnant? Four years now?

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

The Walking Dead used to be a top five show for me. Now I’m trying to place it at number 20, but so many shows better than WD now...

Maybe between Supergirl and the Flash...

sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

You know, I just moved and I don't have a way to watch the show right now. In years past, that would have killed me and I would be scrambling to either download it or find a friend that had cable so I wouldn't miss it.... but I find that I couldn't care less. I'll watch it eventually. Or not. Whatever.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              You know, I just moved and I don't have a way to watch the show right now. In years past, that would have killed me and I would be scrambling to either download it or find a friend that had cable so I wouldn't miss it.... but I find that I couldn't care less. I'll watch it eventually. Or not. Whatever.
              SPOILERS!

Honestly, someone could have just texted you that Carl died and it would have carried about the same resonance as if you had watched.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Rick and Negan, picking strawberries together, hey, this show is going to have a happy ending. Cheer up, people...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

hey, Neegan and his lovely wife just had a baby girl so it's all good.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I guess SPOILERS...but who really cares anymore, lol...

I hate Rick more than ever. Leaving the odd but hot Jadis to die (who started talking normal, lol). What a piece of work he’s turned into. Carl left all those letters to seek peace. But the first thing Rick tells Negan is that he’s going to kill him, way to honor your kid, Rick.

Ok, so Jadis tried to kill Rick twice...but who is counting...

Last edited by Hector; Mar 5, '18, 4:10 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I guess more spoilers...

I did like how Simon was actually defying Negan...that part was interesting..
                      sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
                        I guess more spoilers...

What I got out of that was that they are wanting to soften Negan up to the audience. After these Carl dream sequences showing Negan as "nice gardener working in harmony guy", and last night showing the softer more reasonable side of the man by contrasting him against someone else doing despicable things, that feels like the set up to me.

I could be wrong. Hope that I am. After killing the original crew as cruelly as he did, he needs a comeuppance, not promoted to hero.

Comment

• drquest
                          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
                          I guess more spoilers...

I liked that as well... I like the Simon character quite a bit, he is of course headed for a bad fall...

The second half of the episode was the better half last night.
                          Danny(Drquest)
                          Captain Action HQ
                          Retro shirts and stuff
                          More retro shirts
                          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by drquest
                            I liked that as well... I like the Simon character quite a bit, he is of course headed for a bad fall...
                            Ha. Ha. Yes, he's destined for the grinder.

Once again, didn't they provide the solution to their woes? You can build a trash heap that acts as a maze and just funnel the dead into the grinder. The major obstacle is maintenance, but even then TWD has shown a level of Mad Max resourcefulness so keeping the parts working shouldn't be an issue.

Then again, where the hell was the power being generated from...is that part of the "solar panels" Simon was referring to?

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

So Rick needs to go warn Jadis before finding his own people. They get there then just leave her to die.
                              Luckily the grinder works and we learn how the sausage gets made.

Then Rick reads Negan's mail (how rude!) and calls him to threaten. Negan shows more emotion over Carl's death than most of the Alexandrians did, including the inner circle lot like Daryl & Tara. Starting to hope Negan kills Rick and takes over. That would be so interesting and the shakeup the series needs.

And hey, remember when Michonne was a badazz? Now she just makes sad eyes with Rick.

Simon will be meeting Lucille up close.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Yeah, we all know Rick is going to win...but oh my...how I wished it was the other way around...seeing Negan bashing Rick’s brains in and out, lol...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎