Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I enjoyed the tiger. He didn't make any boring monologues.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Bingo...

sigpic

Comment

• megojim
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 13, 2001

This last episode almost did it for me . . . it's not bad writing . . . they are now insulting our intelligence. There were so many huge flaws I can'r even remember them all.

These guys mow down pretty the entire population of the Kingdom from about 300 yds, but he can't seem to hit Rick from 50? Storm trooper much?

Carol has these guys pinned down with only a few bullets left, she has a t least 3 full clips, I get that she has to save the others but put a couple rounds in the truck tires deal with the walkers and then finish off these guys. Before that she had seen 5 guys, then she looks back over and there are only three so she decides to step out in the open, really?

The chained gate, i've seen other episodes where they basically broke through similar obstacles with a simple kick, but Jerry cant break the chain or lock with his behemoth of an axe? ok, yeah, right . . .

Mind you I'm not generally a nitpicky guy on such things but this is terrible. I'm ready for this battle to be done and maybe get to a little substance . . . my wife said she's done . . .
        Last edited by megojim; Nov 14, '17, 2:10 PM.
        My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Yea, I hated that chained gate scene too

If you have a huge battleax you don't use it to pry things BECAUSE it has a wooden handle !!!

You chop chop chop --- it was most likely handmade by some longdead geek for some past renaissance festival so it's probably nice quality --- but a wooden handle is a wooden handle

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hedji
            I enjoyed the tiger. He didn't make any boring monologues.
            And now he never will. Win/win.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Jerry used the axe 5 minutes before that to literally cleave a zombie in half, and not a 2 year old moldy zom, a freshly turned corpse. Axe right through skull, organs, bone....then he forgets how to use it. The tiger ran roughshod through numerous attackers who were shooting at it, emerges unscathed- then takes a knee for a bunch of slow zombies that basically lay down on top of it. For that matter, how do the walkers manage to rip the flesh away so easily? They don't have claws, at best some hadn't trimmed their fingernails for awhile before they died. All would have normal teeth...do you realize how thick that tiger's fur and skin are? My god, I once chipped a tooth on a pizza crust! Pretty sure if I had to it would take me quite awhile to bite through a fur skin and do enough damage to incapacitate a tiger enough to kill it!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

that's no different then how easily they drive a knife through bone every time they start killing walkers by stabbing them in the head. sorry, bones do not rot or get brittle that fast

Comment

• toyman
                  Just Another Collector
                  • Sep 1, 2008

Carol must be the best shot in the world to, emptied her gun thru that fence without a single bullet hitting it and ricocheting.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                    Jerry used the axe 5 minutes before that to literally cleave a zombie in half, and not a 2 year old moldy zom, a freshly turned corpse. Axe right through skull, organs, bone....then he forgets how to use it. The tiger ran roughshod through numerous attackers who were shooting at it, emerges unscathed- then takes a knee for a bunch of slow zombies that basically lay down on top of it. For that matter, how do the walkers manage to rip the flesh away so easily? They don't have claws, at best some hadn't trimmed their fingernails for awhile before they died. All would have normal teeth...do you realize how thick that tiger's fur and skin are? My god, I once chipped a tooth on a pizza crust! Pretty sure if I had to it would take me quite awhile to bite through a fur skin and do enough damage to incapacitate a tiger enough to kill it!
                    Exactly on both counts.

These Walking Dead writers obviously are missing military and zoologist advisers.

The tiger is just a powerhouse. Unlike lions and other cats, tigers are as adapted to the water as on land. Only the Jaguar equals it aquatically.

Look how it takes on a croc and takes it down with little effort...

Shiva should've dismantled every single Walker in that ravine with little effort as well...

I'm beginning to despise this show...
                    sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                      Exactly on both counts.

These Walking Dead writers obviously are missing military and zoologist advisers.

The tiger is just a powerhouse. Unlike lions and other cats, tigers are as adapted to the water as on land. Only the Jaguar equals it aquatically.

Look how it takes on a croc and takes it down with little effort...

Shiva should've dismantled every single Walker in that ravine with little effort as well...

I'm beginning to despise this show...
                      I commend their bad writing in this case.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

See, I don't mind writing that requires suspension of disbelief. I mind writing that requires us to accept lack of storytelling ability. They've been repeating the same general story arc for about 4 seasons now, and it was done better earlier. My ability to care what happens next is diminishing, I'm sorry to say. The writing is so bloated with monologues that are entering the realm of self-parody. I have no idea why there's another show called "The Talking Dead", because that's all they seem to do in this apocolypse. If the monologues were used sparingly, and delivered with some degree of believability, then maybe. But it feels like every episode is padded with leaden dialogue for running time requirements.

"When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth." That singular line from Dawn of the Dead carries more impact than any of the silly 5 minute unintentionally funny speeches.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Don't blame the writers. Kirkman pretty much wrote that Shiva scene in the comic.

Only way zombies kill a tiger if it's a horde and the tiger has to kill hundreds. Literally exhaust him to death.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Did they ever say if animals can become zombies ?

If not that tiger would be like a fat guy being attacked by a swarm of Big Macs

As far as the rotting flesh, tigers ARE not only predators but scavengers as well.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

They had to write out the tiger, he just landed a gig as Talky Tawny in the Shazam movie.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Yesterday I went to the dentist and watched Walking Dead.
                                Both lasted about 40 minutes.

I prefered the dentist...
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎