Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

for a show about a zombie apocalypse, they have sure gotten away from the zombie aspect. zombies are only background noise on the show at this point. roaming around at the edge of site, occasionally we get a kill like last night when Michonne sliced the head on the one. the thing with the bite last night has been rumored all season so no real surprise, but as Prof Arturo said, until we get the flashback to show how that bite got there, don't assume anything. although he was foreshadowing his impending the whole episode and definitely looked feverish at the end.
    my wife and I were talking about the show this morning and both said we are just getting bored with it

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Well, if this proves to be another Glenn moment, I'm afraid they are going to lose a lot more fans of the show.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

So the spec is he's off to college, but...you now got two sweaty characters and a doctor in their midst...

...my money is on a coma/bed rest. That way, they can shoot all of his scenes in bursts when needed. Much like how Michonne was awol all season due to Black Panther.

And are they really going to have Oceanside and Scavengers save the day?

Dwight and Eugene are the most interesting parts.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Or maybe they will find out Carl's immune?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Gunna watch it later - hope my FF finger gets some rest

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I’m glutton for punishment...so more than likely, I’ll still watch this mess next season. But man, it’s really really bad now.

All season, all this planning...then finally Rick and company attack...and looked like they nearly destroyed the Saviors to smithereens.

But then, in one little badly lit episode (the night scenes cinematography was truly terrible)...the Saviors take over again without even firing a single shot, lol.

So many annoying and exasperated things happened in last night’s episode.

An armed Rick, with weapon on hand (rifle and gun)...telegraphing his every move by yapping for his loved ones...then Negan easily disarming him...but constantly still missing with his Lucille, lol. Comical, comical.

Rick is getting so annoying now...I wouldn’t mind him getting killed either.

Michonne. Why exactly was she so mad about? Which loved one did she lose?

The night convoy with Maggie and Jesus. Yeah, just wait like idiots, deers in headlights...to be easily overpowered.

Carl with his bad acting. I mean, this dude can’t even walk injured realistically, lol.

Ezekiel...exploding things in the open grass...effecting nothing.

Daryl and Tara...did we cause this?

Hedrap did mention Dwight being one of the two most interesting characters, and he’s right. Dwight is the most layered and complexed character right now. Who would’ve thought it?

I’m glad Carl is going to die...gone are his stupid long hair, his stupid hat, his stupid eye patch, and his stupid lame acting. They will wrap up his character in the opening of next season. But to be truly honest, I don’t care who live and dies.

The kid is off to college...hope he takes a lot of acting classes...
              Last edited by Hector; Dec 11, '17, 1:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

Not sure what they are thinking honestly,this move deviates so much from the books.
                I’m sure he is dead.He was bitten a couple episodes back 1 day in show time.
                No one thus far has ever survived a bite so I’m sure he’s dead.
                This isn’t Z nation and he isn’t “The Murphy”.....lol
                Glad you all got what you wished for merry Christmas....lol
                Looking forward to the last half of the season.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

ahh, but what if he is the Murphy?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

He got bit with Sadiq? Wow I missed that. That explains the suicide mentality.

Something tells me Elijah's blood is going to have some kind of resistance and he's going to let the doc drain him to save Maggie and whoever else.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Yeah, "Coral" is gone, now we'll get to listen to Rick go on screaming for the daughter they forget about..." Joo-duth!!"
                      So many stupid, stupid things happen on this show. Every single Savior could have been taken out at anytime with a single gunshot. A caravan of armed fighters and they sit there while a dozen guys take their guns away. Somebody please shoot that ahole Simon he's worse than Negan. Daryl suddenly worried his dump truck plan was a mistake. An episode & 1/2 with Rick and the Garbage people then they ran away 5 minutes into the episode. Rick yelling for everyone - this guy was a cop? Really? And why didn't they show the crash..bang then nothing, then how is it Rick and Carol got away , Jerry got caught, and all three ended up in different communties?
                      Carl's offscreen bite? And last week Gabriel couldn't even hold a glass to drink, Eugene gives him an exit plan and he sits right up! How about whatever non plan Ezekial had? Or Morgan hiding behind the wall?
                      They really need a new showrunner. Frank Darabont had direction in Season One, but when he left it just got worse, & Scott Gimple is terrible. Robert Kirkman has too much say in the show. Best case scenario is they just cut loose from the comic storylines and go for broke.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Looks like “Carl” was fired...and his dad is none too happy...

sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

[QUOTE=Hector;1347927]Looks like “Carl” was fired...and his dad is none too happy...

His dad sounds like an idiot.

It seems like I should feel something that Carl is bitten, but I feel nothing. Wasn't it already rumored that he would be leaving the show a year or so ago? It was known that Sasha was moving over to Star Trek so this went down in the same fashion. Whatever. I'm not sure why I'm still watching. I just want to see the end I guess.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched the finale

Total useless turd that served no purpose other than to frustrate me cause it was all filmed at night in low light.

And yes, I had to use the FF button on many scenes

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

It is supposed to be a real shocker as Carl has a huge story line in the comics he becomes the new Rick in the future.
                              Almost Every story line is tied to him directly.
                              So this deviation truly makes no sense,Unless the show is ending.
                              Chandler Riggs (Carl) supposedly had or was supposed to have another 3 year contract.
                              They just bought a house down there,he didn’t go to college this year because of the show and now they cut him.
                              I could see why the family would be upset,but hey that’s showbiz right.
                              Anyway this show is either about to take a massive change in direction or Carl is going to be the new JR Ewing.
                              If it’s a dream sequence I’m done...lol
                              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 12, 2004

Did the cameraman forget to remove the lens cap before filming this episode?

90 minutes of near total darkness. I couldn't make heads nor tales about what was happening onscreen most of the time.

This show has gotten soooo bad that I don't care about any of these characters anymore.

Rick has to be the worst leader EVER. I wouldn't follow that idiot anywhere. Has he ever made a right decision in his entire life??

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎