Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

The inflammation and pain are gone...so are the watery shlatstorms. Now it's all about prevention. I'm going to see my GI doctor again, he wants me on Humira, but the hell with that, for one, its $1200 to get things started, and that's with my great health coverage. Second, it has risks, although small, I hear it can potentially cause lymphonia and skin cancer down the rode...as I said, heck no. My buddy has Crohn's...and has not had a flare up in four years, he takes medical marijuana. I'm going to look into that option instead...but I don't want cannabis with THC. I want it CBD instead, no high...as I don't wanna be high taking care of mom. I also hate smoking, so I'm going with some type of edible.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I'm taking prescribed steroids (pill form) for eight weeks...maybe I'll hit the weights again...see if I get some gains...

sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, that's a drag Hector. I'm glad you're on the mend, and hope you're feeling at the top of your game soon.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Thanks, Sharry!
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

As a fellow sufferer of a cranky GI tract, I give you my utmost and sincerest sympathies. I just wish someone could actually diagnose what mine actually IS. I go from feeling just fine one second and the next second, I'm belting up bile and other assorted unpleasantness which leads to a bout of yakking to ralph on the big, white phone as well as riding the porcelain pony for hours on ends with the Hershey squirts. It's a fairly miserable little riddle that no doctor, internist, surgeon or GI person can seem to find a solution for. A surgeon removed my gall bladder back in 2004 thinking that would solve the issue---which it did for about eight months, then it started all over again. I've been tested for liver diseases/cancer, Crohns, IBS and I've been scoped six times, three up, three down all to no avail. I'm scheduled for yet another dual-scoping early next year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I am SO glad they were able to diagnose your issue, Hector, and give you some relief from it. Prayers and well wishes to you for a speedy and full recovery.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Wow, that's awful.

May I ask? What's your diet?

Amazing with all those tests, that no cause has been found.

If nothing has worked, and you have not tried a full skin allergy test, you should seriously look into it.

I'd recommend a full scale allergy skin test...where they prick both your arms with all kinds of substances, up to 40 in fact. To find out something that your body really doesn't like, such as pollen, mold, pet dander, dust mites, eggs, milk products, oak, animal feathers, peanuts, and vast array of foods that your body tries to reject.

I feel your pain, brother...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Hope you're on the mend soon, Hector.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Oh, I’m already back 100%. I just came from the stone masonry tile place...picked up my stone panels order...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

When I got really sick...I couldn’t eat nor drink anything...had a 21 pound weight loss in four days, terrible. When admitted to the ER...I was severely dehydrated. Blood pressure was 88/33...my heart rate was 130 bpm. But after being infused with fluids for three days straight...my blood pressure went back up again, 113/68...and my heartbeat down to 78 bpm.

Phew!

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

damn, that is scary Hec. Glad you are feeling better now.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Dang that sux Hec !!!

If it makes you feel any better (aka misery loves company) this past Saturday afternoon I fell down my stairs --- no booze was involved

For a little while I was the classic "fallen and I can't get up" --- after about 10 minutes I was able to get up.

Didn't think I broke anything so didn't call the doc .......

That said my butt cheek, hip, leg and wrist is still sore

Can't sit at the computer more than 5 minutes at a time ---

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Damn, Mikey...be careful, man!
                          sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Oh man, that sucks, hope you get better soon Hec!

Originally posted by Hector
                            My buddy has Crohn's...and has not had a flare up in four years, he takes medical marijuana. I'm going to look into that option instead...but I don't want cannabis with THC. I want it CBD instead, no high...as I don't wanna be high taking care of mom. I also hate smoking, so I'm going with some type of edible.
                            I know a couple folks with Crohn's that marijuana has helped considerably, and yeah, definitely go the high CBD, very low or no THC option if you don't want to get high from it but it should still help. I absolutely hate smoking too (I have asthma) but can handle vaping just fine (you are inhaling vapor, not smoke, so little or no harshness/coughing involved) so perhaps that might be an option for you too?

Originally posted by Hector

I'd recommend a full scale allergy skin test...where they prick both your arms with all kinds of substances, up to 40 in fact. To find out something that your body really doesn't like, such as pollen, mold, pet dander, dust mites, eggs, milk products, oak, animal feathers, peanuts, and vast array of foods that your body tries to reject.
                            Boy I had plenty of those tests when I was a kid (I had tons of allergies), not fun but the only way to narrow things down.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Already mentioned that I’m 100% back...

But yeah, thanks for reinforcing the CBD option. Don’t want to inhale vapors either...it will have to be edible, like chocolate or cookie, lol.

Yeah, I went through that skin allergy tests too. I’m allergic to oak, juniper, pollen, feathers, and cats. Sorry cat lovers. But I have two doggies...so no animal hating going on, lol...

Thanks!
                              sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Crap, I have to remember to read entire threads. Glad you're better! Ok, you should be good going the edible route then, considering that the problem is with your digestive system, maybe ingesting the CBD is better. And since you would be taking CBD, not THC, you wouldn't really have to worry about taking too much (edible doses can be kind of tricky and inconsistent).

Oh, yeah, I'm allergic to lots of plants and pollen. Plus feathers, horse hair, cats and dogs! No pets for us (other than a guinea pig, I'm not allergic to her but am to the hay she eats, I can't win!)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎