Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is coming from Arrow video this year. Not sure it will be region free, but it's only a matter of time.

I can't remember where, but I thought I'd read a rumor about the Eddie Romero Blood Island movies.... I'll have to do some digging.

If Black Hole is released, it will likely be through Disney's movie club only.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      I'll certainly celebrate when the Blu-ray release of The Black Hole is finally announced.
      Besides Blackhole I'm surprised Dragonslayer has yet to get a Blu-ray release. HD transfers already exist for both.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Besides Blackhole I'm surprised Dragonslayer has yet to get a Blu-ray release. HD transfers already exist for both.
        Just watched Dragonslayer a couple weeks ago. Man, I really liked that movie as a kid, and it totally holds up!
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          Just watched Dragonslayer a couple weeks ago. Man, I really liked that movie as a kid, and it totally holds up!
          It really is brilliant and CGI has yet to top the practical effects of the Vermithrax Pejorative.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

I agree completely. Love Dragonslayer. That's another Blu-ray release which is long overdue.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Paramount.

They're not very forthcoming with catalogue titles. 80s favorites like Young Sherlock Holmes, Explorers, and Dragonslayer are high on my list.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Dragonslayer is high on my list also...as well as the rest of the Warner Hammer releases.

Still no Curse of Frankenstein or Horror of Dracula...

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Whew! I've got a lot to catch up on! Let's start with one on many people's wishlist: Batman The Animated Series will be coming to Blu Ray:

LINK for Information

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

This one is huge for me. Warner Archives announced Jonny Quest will be coming to Blu Ray, from the original unedited broadcast prints! LINK for Information

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Scream Factory announced 14 new titles coming at Comic Con. Including their first of likely many Hammer Titles: Dracula, Prince of Darkness! This opens the door for lots more Hammer to come from this label. Here is the LINK for more information. Personally, I am also interested in Candyman, Critters, Saturday the 14th, Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2, and Starman.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Details for the Night Stalker
                        Details for the Night Strangler

Just feast your eyes on this cover art:

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

For those of you who don't mind importing from Amazon.co.uk, or you can buy directly from Indicator/Powerhouse in the UK, we can look forward to:

LINK for details.

These are pricey, but Indicator is one of the best labels out there, and they do a fantastic job. They are both Region-Free, and will play in any blu-ray player.

Night of the Demon.

William Castle Box Set

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

File Under Stay Tuned... But Legend of Boggy Creek is being restored and prepped for a blu ray release in the near future. The restoration is being done under the supervision of the director's daughter at the George Eastman House museum in Rochester, NY.... My workplace is directly across the street! Read the full article HERE.

Comment

• KOMonger
                              Banned
                              • Feb 17, 2015

Regarding the Jonny Quest blu-ray
                              Originally posted by Hedji
                              ... from the original unedited broadcast prints! LINK for Information
                              Thanks for the heads up. There's no date set yet but blu-ray.com's post (as of today) doesn't say "from the original unedited broadcast prints". Was this detail deleted?

Details for releases get updated all the time up until release date so I'll be checking back on this one. It's a huge pass if they use the same versions they used on the DVDs.
                              As covered in the thread at blu-ray.com, the DVD version has some censored/re-dubbed dialogue as well as re-using the same end credits for several episodes.
                              Last edited by KOMonger; Aug 5, '18, 5:32 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

It was asked at Comic Con and confirmed by Warner.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎