Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Attention Paul Naschy fans: You still have time to pick up the NSFW cover of "The Devil Incarnate". Mondo Macabro has sold out of their initial allotment, but they're holding back another 150 copies to go up in about 15 minutes from now (5:00 PST).

If you don't care about the reversible cover and booklet, a standard edition will be widely available later.

Click Here for NSFW Cover

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Did you miss out on the Suspiria Steelbook from Synapse? No worries! The absolute essential Italian horror film is up for preorder in a 1 or 2 disc edition. Shop around, or wait, because the price will come way down.

SUSPIRIA

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

What are the reviews like on this disc? If done right, I'm sure the colors in Suspiria should look amazing on Blu-ray!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

The reviews are absolutely top notch across the board. The restoration was years in the making, and it shows. There are a couple of foreign releases (Italy, Germany, Australia), and none of them pop in color like the Synapse.

Here are some nice screen caps:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/217...u-ray-edition/

http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/new...29229#/slide/1

I go ape for movies with extreme color palettes, and this one is top shelf. Still shocking and disturbing, yet beautiful in its extreme Technicolor glory.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Oh thanks for that, this looks really nice. I love this film, and how it looks, so I think I'll need to buy this!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

More Amicus, you say? Coming right up, and one of their best, is the House that Dripped Blood from Scream Factory, later this spring.

Also, Scream Factory continues to crank out the 70s goodness with the It's Alive Trilogy, in a nice looking box set also slated for Spring.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

THTDB is a fun one for sure!
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I'm kind of excited by this Blu-Ray of Al Adamson's "Lucifer's Woman/Dr Dracula" because i've never seen either version. I hear it's just terrible.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

The Master was appointment TV for my Dad and I. And The House That Dripped Blood is my favorite Amicus film I've seen thus far. Very exciting!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy

I'm kind of excited by this Blu-Ray of Al Adamson's "Lucifer's Woman/Dr Dracula" because i've never seen either version. I hear it's just terrible.
                      Your Retro Awards have inspired me to get more familiar with Al Adamson. Looks to be the kind of garbage that I enjoy rotting my brain with.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
                        Your Retro Awards have inspired me to get more familiar with Al Adamson. Looks to be the kind of garbage that I enjoy rotting my brain with.
                        They've made me the man I am today!
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

A great deal on the new Shout Factory collector's edition of Joe Dante's The Burbs: $14.97 on Amazon

Also a nice price on the new Killer Klowns from Outer Space from Arrow $17.67

I'm not too familiar with Outer Limits but I'm sure there are some fans here: Season 1 $73.39

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

If you don't already have Night of the Living Dead, Amazon has it for a really good price. This is the 4K restoration. It will never look better, so what are you waiting for?

Also, check out the retro-distressed video store packaging on Return of Swamp Thing!

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Let's talk 3D for a moment, shall we? As you might have noticed, North American retailers and TV manufacturers have been doing their darnedest to kill the 3D Home Video market. But it's still thriving in Europe and Asia.

So, if you're disappointed that there was no Thor Ragnarok in 3D at your local Best Buy, I would highly recommend importing. Amazon.co.uk is usually your best bet. Don't be afraid of using it. It's very easy, and will give you the dollar conversion when you order. Often times, even with shipping, their prices are cheaper than if you were to buy the item in the US.

Take caution, though. Some titles like Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets (Fantastic in 3D) are Region 2, and will not play on a North American Blu Ray player. But you can get a nice Region Free player for about $100 (see post #1 of this thread) and not have to worry. The good news is that up until now, the only Disney 3D release that was not All Region was Ratatouille, and 99% of all SONY 3D blu rays are All Region.

Having said that, I can confirm that both Thor: Ragnarok and Star Wars: The Last Jedi are All Region, and will play on any player if you decide to import them.

Here's some titles that might interest you 3D fanatics:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 3D

Thor: Ragnarok 3D - Highly Rated Strong 3D!

Black Panther 3D

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 3D

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Sale at DeepDiscountDVD

Get 15% off with code IGOR

expires noon central 3/30

You could get The Outer Limits Season One for about $45

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎