Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark has been announced by UK Arrow Video. DISCLAIMER: As of this time, it is REGION B CODED, which means it will not play in a North American Blu Ray player. I have, however heard rumors that Arrow is working on this, and may be releasing it Region A as well. Stay tuned. For those of you with All Region Players, have at it.

I order frequently from Amazon.co.uk. Their shipping isn't too bad, and they remove the VAT tax. Here's the link for Elvira.. Personally, since this is not limited, I plan on waiting a little while to see if they do a Region A release. Quite frankly, this has been teased for over a year now, and I was anticipating a more attractive "Collector's Edition" style package. But oh well, at least it's pretty affordable, and Arrow always does a nice job on the movie and bonus features.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Just wanted to pass along that Elvira has been confirmed to be REGION FREE, and will play in any blu ray player. Amazon.co.uk has a good price on it. Even with shipping, it came to under $20 US. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to see Satanic Rites of Dracula get a proper WB release, since its been in public domain limbo for decades.

Elvira is everywhere this Halloween! On the cover of Retro Fan Magazine, here...everywhere! I haven't seen Mistress of the Dark in decades. I need to check it out again.

The Superman soundtracks are very tempting. I have them all already, but I'm sure there are other tracks and/or variations here.

Not going to dip into the 4K with anything as of now. I'm guessing this is a format that won't last long. I could be wrong.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I have a decent 4K setup, and I just don’t see a big enough difference to get really excited about it. I think it’ll stick around awhile, but it’s a crime that TV manufacturers killed 3D in favor of the marketing push for 4K.

That said, there are an armful of films that I would upgrade to the ‘best’ possible quality no matter what.

As it stands, my projector does 1080, and I’m more than happy with that and it’s spectacular 3D.

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Elvira is everywhere this Halloween! On the cover of Retro Fan Magazine, here...everywhere! I haven't seen Mistress of the Dark in decades. I need to check it out again.
            Elvira is great. I need to watch that again, too.

Speaking of Retro Fan, I keep staring at the back cover of issue 1 featuring When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and The Green Slime. Has anyone ever seen these movies? Are they worth checking out?

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Don't forget about her second film, Elvira's Haunted Hills, which is a fantastic love letter to the old Roger Corman Poe movies!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                Elvira is great. I need to watch that again, too.

Speaking of Retro Fan, I keep staring at the back cover of issue 1 featuring When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and The Green Slime. Has anyone ever seen these movies? Are they worth checking out?
                Paging Palitoy....

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

...AND now they've come out and said that Elvira is NOT Region Free. It will be "B" Locked! Sorry to have passed on the misinformation I'd picked up. If you preordered from Amazon, you may want to cancel.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I've actually never seen The Mole People from Universal. But looks like it's getting a nice release from Shout Factory. The Mole People

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^I'm a fan. It's not a gripping as "Creature", but it's a great B-movie.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Scream Factory is releasing Lugosi in Return of the Vampire.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh man, I love that movie. Lugosi's best vampire film? I think so! And it has a talking werewolf, and a fantastic ending! Oh, and a competent, strong female lead vampire hunter!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Meet the meanest and most lethal karate master ever to rule the streets. He's Sonny Chiba, one of the greatest martial arts actors to ignite the screen. In The Street Fighter, Chiba stars as Terry Tsurugi, a mercenary who has been hired by both the yakuza and the mafia to kidnap a wealthy heiress, but when he isn't paid, a violent clash will ensue. Chiba is back in Return Of The Street Fighter. This time Tsurugi is hired by the mob to kill two informants, but when he realizes one is an old friend, he refuses, and now he is the one being hunted. When Tsurugi is double crossed by the Ôwada clan, he takes off with something they want in The Street Fighter's Last Revenge. Soon he is being chased by a group of deadly assassins.

"BRUTAL AND BRILLIANT ... Fans owe it to themselves to go buy this. ****" – Empire Meet the meanest and most lethal karate master ever to rule the streets. He's Sonny Chiba, one of the greatest martial arts actors to ignite the screen. In The Street Fighter, Chiba stars as Terry Tsurugi, a mercenary who has been hired
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Released today, and almost sold out.... Mausoleum. I rented it as a kid and have a bit of a soft spot for it. If you want it with the swanky slipcover, don't wait, there are less than 100 left and they're going fast.

Link to Mausoleum

If you do miss it or can't afford it now, this was probably Vinegar Syndrome's fastest seller ever, so they will release it later without the limited slipcover.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Hedji; Nov 23, '18, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Oh yeaaaahhh! Warner Archive is releasing Horror of Dracula in just a couple weeks! Link to Horror of Dracula.

Word is Warner Brothers is taking the BFI restoration and tweaking it for more accurate colors than the UK Blu Ray from a few years ago (which was awash with a cold blue tint).

This should be good, and hopefully Curse of Frankenstein isn't far behind.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎