Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3813161718

Thread: Home Video: Upcoming Blu-Rays and DVDs

If I'm understanding correctly, there's a newer (2017) German blu ray from Anolis, which adds a small extra shot of Dracula with tears running down his face during the disintegration scene. This is unique to the German cut, and will likely not be on the Warner Archives version.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^ There's a famous still of Lee in mid-disintegration that is absent in the film, I assume it's lost footage? The make-up is good, but I don't recall tears.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

I think I know the still you mean. It shows Lee's profile and his disintegrating hand. The footage (I haven't seen it) supposedly is a second or two of Lee on his knees with what appear to be tears as he's beginning to disintegrate.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm fascinated by that, I've always wished that sequence was longer/more involved.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Me too. Like you said, the publicity photos show more than what ended up on screen.

Horror Express will be getting a major upgrade from Arrow video.

Sheena will be getting a release from Mill Creek with retro VHS packaging.

Inside Moves will be coming from Scorpion in high definition. (Listen to the Richard Donner interview on Superman the Movie Minute Podcast with Earth2Chris for more on this Richard Donner Film.)

Star Trek The Animated Series Blu Ray is on sale right now for about $17.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-The...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Images
    Released today, and almost sold out.... Mausoleum. I rented it as a kid and have a bit of a soft spot for it. If you want it with the swanky slipcover, don't wait, there are less than 100 left and they're going fast.
    Gah, that movie scared the crap out of me as a kid! Imagine the nasty bathtub woman from The Shining for a full hour and a half, and you pretty much got it.

I have to get that Horror of Dracula Blu-Ray. My favorite Hammer, and my favorite Dracula film! I hope it has some extra footage. I've seen all of the extras online, and you get to see him rake at his flaking skin, and more of his disintegrating foot pulling away from his boot, and I think more of him losing his hand too. And he's on his knees with bloody tears in his eyes.

Thanks for the plug on Inside Moves! I definitely want to own this one!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Three more classics are coming!

Tarantula and The Deadly Mantis March 19th

The Body Snatcher March 26th

Images
    ^The Body Snatcher is Karloff's greatest acting role, in my opinion. I know that's controversial, since he played the definitive Frankenstein Monster. But in The Body Snatcher, Karloff gets to use ALL the tools in his acting tool box, and his Cabman Gray is both endearing and terrifying at the same time. Fantastic movie!!!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif