• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^Fantastic news!

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I forget, is the BFI restoration the version that reinstates the extra footage that was finally found in a print from Japan?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy

Meet the meanest and most lethal karate master ever to rule the streets. He's Sonny Chiba, one of the greatest martial arts actors to ignite the screen. In The Street Fighter, Chiba stars as Terry Tsurugi, a mercenary who has been hired by both the yakuza and the mafia to kidnap a wealthy heiress, but when he isn't paid, a violent clash will ensue. Chiba is back in Return Of The Street Fighter. This time Tsurugi is hired by the mob to kill two informants, but when he realizes one is an old friend, he refuses, and now he is the one being hunted. When Tsurugi is double crossed by the Ôwada clan, he takes off with something they want in The Street Fighter's Last Revenge. Soon he is being chased by a group of deadly assassins.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6985
        I know it’s unrelated, but for a second I got a flashback of those Bruce Li and Bruce Le movies that were all over the video stores in the early and mid 80s. I sure watched my share of them.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

So many great old movies are being released onto Blu-ray. This Friday, I purchased a 4K Blu-ray player for my TV. I needed a new one that was more compatible with the TV in order to get the best experience. Now, with the Amazon cards I usually get for Christmas, I can stock up on more of these fantastic new releases. It’s that DVD watching time of year, for me.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
            I forget, is the BFI restoration the version that reinstates the extra footage that was finally found in a print from Japan?
            The 2007 BFI restoration restored a little footage previously cut by the British film censors, and the 2012 Hammer restoration also added the additional footage from the Japanese reels.
            The UK Blu-ray contains both versions plus a bunch of extra special features.
            (The Warner Archives edition states that is it "sourced from the Hammer/BFI restoration".)
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

If I'm understanding correctly, there's a newer (2017) German blu ray from Anolis, which adds a small extra shot of Dracula with tears running down his face during the disintegration scene. This is unique to the German cut, and will likely not be on the Warner Archives version.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ There's a famous still of Lee in mid-disintegration that is absent in the film, I assume it's lost footage? The make-up is good, but I don't recall tears.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I think I know the still you mean. It shows Lee's profile and his disintegrating hand. The footage (I haven't seen it) supposedly is a second or two of Lee on his knees with what appear to be tears as he's beginning to disintegrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm fascinated by that, I've always wished that sequence was longer/more involved.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Me too. Like you said, the publicity photos show more than what ended up on screen.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Horror Express will be getting a major upgrade from Arrow video.

Sheena will be getting a release from Mill Creek with retro VHS packaging.

Inside Moves will be coming from Scorpion in high definition. (Listen to the Richard Donner interview on Superman the Movie Minute Podcast with Earth2Chris for more on this Richard Donner Film.)

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Star Trek The Animated Series Blu Ray is on sale right now for about $17.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-The...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Released today, and almost sold out.... Mausoleum. I rented it as a kid and have a bit of a soft spot for it. If you want it with the swanky slipcover, don't wait, there are less than 100 left and they're going fast.
                            Gah, that movie scared the crap out of me as a kid! Imagine the nasty bathtub woman from The Shining for a full hour and a half, and you pretty much got it.

I have to get that Horror of Dracula Blu-Ray. My favorite Hammer, and my favorite Dracula film! I hope it has some extra footage. I've seen all of the extras online, and you get to see him rake at his flaking skin, and more of his disintegrating foot pulling away from his boot, and I think more of him losing his hand too. And he's on his knees with bloody tears in his eyes.

Thanks for the plug on Inside Moves! I definitely want to own this one!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Three more classics are coming!

Tarantula and The Deadly Mantis March 19th

The Body Snatcher March 26th

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^The Body Snatcher is Karloff's greatest acting role, in my opinion. I know that's controversial, since he played the definitive Frankenstein Monster. But in The Body Snatcher, Karloff gets to use ALL the tools in his acting tool box, and his Cabman Gray is both endearing and terrifying at the same time. Fantastic movie!!!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎