Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Awesome, I love this film and they even include the MST3K version. Not sure what the story is with those aspect ratios though. IMDB says that this was shot in Academy ratio (1.37:1) which makes sense for a lower budget film from this era (not that IMDB is always correct), but this is being offered in both 1.85:1 and 2.00:1 instead? (why both?) Can anyone shed light on this?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like this film a lot, too--perfect Saturday afternoon "B" thriller. Good to see some extras added.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Here ya go. Jonny Quest the Complete Series. 3 Blu Rat set. Unedited for the first time on home video. Link for JONNY QUEST

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

A couple of Hammers on their way soon:

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

This movie may not be for "everyone", but if you like "so bad it's good" cinema, I give RAW FORCE my highest recommendation. It is on sale this Memorial Day weekend from Vinegar Syndrome. Here is the link :Link to RAW FORCE. With shipping, it'll cost you about $21. They have lots of other fun titles on sale, but also a lot of junk, and stuff that isn't family friendly.

Raw Force is best watched with a bunch of friends looking to laugh like crazy and have a good time. But I found myself laughing out loud watching it by myself. Basically it's an early 80s martial arts vs. undead raised by cannibals movie with lots of nudity and absolutely hilarious characters who take a cruise on a twisted version of the Love Boat to visit this evil island. I cannot recommend this enough, but again, it is not a "good" movie, and it may not be for everyone.

Vinegar Syndrome is now offering it in one of their snazzy luxury slipcovers, so as a collectible blu ray, it's delightful.

Warning, their site is NSFW as they sell a lot of adult films.

If you are looking to put together a bigger order with them, I also recommend:

Mausoleum
            Wonder Women
            Sweet Sugar (don't hate me... it's a fun movie)
            Count Dracula's Great Love (Paul Naschy)

I haven't seen Nurse Sherry, but I know Palitoy has it.
            And some of the Rudy Ray Moore Blaxploitation movies look fun, but I haven't tried them.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

A COLLECTION OF MAD DOCTORS AND MURDEROUS FIENDS! Undertake four tales of terror from the archives of Universal Pictures, the home of classic horror! This collection includes such horror stars as Lionel Atwill, George Zucco, David Bruce and Evelyn Ankers. A maniacal hunter and collector of wild animals uses them to dis

A COLLECTION OF MAD DOCTORS AND MURDEROUS FIENDS!

Undertake four tales of terror from the archives of Universal Pictures, the home of classic horror! This collection includes such horror stars as Lionel Atwill, George Zucco, David Bruce and Evelyn Ankers. A maniacal hunter and collector of wild animals uses them to dispose of rivals and enemies in Murders in the Zoo. An unhinged scientist flees the San Francisco police and continues his bizarre experiments on a remote tropical island in The Mad Doctor of Market Street. A mysterious avenger is murdering acquitted criminals while dabbling in brain transplants in The Strange Case of Doctor Rx. And a doctor's experiments with nerve gas turn his assistant into a grave-robbing freak in The Mad Ghoul.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

I have this on pre-order

Space1999_BR_Cover_72dpi.jpg

Attention All Sections Alpha: Prepare For Transmission! From Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, the legendary masterminds behind Thunderbirds, comes the epic sci-fi series, Space: 1999! September 1999: A nuclear waste dump on the lunar surface unexpectedly detonates, blasting the Moon out of Earth's orbit and taking the inhabi

Attention All Sections Alpha: Prepare For Transmission!

From Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, the legendary masterminds behind Thunderbirds, comes the epic sci-fi series, Space: 1999!

September 1999: A nuclear waste dump on the lunar surface unexpectedly detonates, blasting the Moon out of Earth's orbit and taking the inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha on an unbelievable voyage of discovery and adventure. Under the command of John Koenig (Martin Landau), the Alphans hurtle through the stars, encountering fantastic worlds and beings in a universe where peril awaits at every turn. Together, Koenig and the Alphans face the ultimate challenge in the farthest reaches of space: survive ... and find home.

Also starring Barbara Bain as Dr. Helena Russell, Barry Morse as Victor Bergman, and Catherine Schell as Maya, Space: 1999 is a true classic of science fiction television, presented here in a deluxe box set with a galaxy's worth of special features that fans and newcomers alike will treasure. Strap yourselves in — the journey of a lifetime is about to begin!

Plus, the first 500 orders from ShoutFactory.com will receive a limited edition Space 1999 Snow Globe, created exclusively for this release!

This limited edition Space: 1999 Snow Globe features an Eagle Transporter landing on the Moon, and has a 4-inch circumference and sits on a 2-inch base (note: snow globe box art below is not final).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^I wish that was on DVD!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Warner Archive will be releasing V: The Original Mini Series to Blu Ray

Link

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I have V and the Final battle on DVD. unless there is something special about the re-release I will not buy another copy

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Well, for one thing, it will be framed in the Director's preferred aspect ratio of 1.33:1, ("Open Matte") if that kind of thing is important to you. It should look stunning too. Warner does a great job with their restorations.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Good News: The Black Hole coming to Blu Ray in August.

Bad News: It will be a Disney Movie Club Exclusive. You can either join the movie club or pay a bit more on eBay.

Link: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=1762

Information on Disney Movie Club: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I'm getting this when it drops:

https://roninflix.com/collections/co...ignment-terror

AssignmentTerror_BD_OCard_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I just bought it! So excited.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Same here. Early word is the transfer is phenomenal. Looking forward to this monster mash.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎