Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Is Want Ad Press magazine still around ?

Used to always see used electronic stuff in there.

Would also trust it way more than Craigslist

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Brazoo
      From my experience this stuff is kinda regional. In Toronto it seems hard to find anything good for cheap - too much demand. When I go to Florida each vintage store seems like a treasure trove.
      Oh yeah, you'll almost never find any good deals on vintage in TO, damn hipsters! (probably goes the same for most big cities) But if you search around in Bumblefudge, Idaho you'll never know what deals you may find.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 12, 2016

I remember having an all-in-one table top stereo back in the 80's that had the turntable, cassette, and a TV!...It was just a little 4 or 5 inch b&w tv, but it was still my first tv as a kid...No CD, as they weren't available at that time...I still have my 90's Kenwood multi component rack system though...
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 1, 2005

Well, not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is styled more like a typical stereo we'd have in the 80s, albeit with the new stuff they've added on there (i.e. CD player, iPod hook up, etc.) But it does play vinyl records and cassettes.

Get the credit you deserve. Instant application results. Shop top national brands.

But yeah, finding ones like this that only play records, cassettes and radio that are modernly being manufactured are pretty rare.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The best place to find retro stereo equipment around here is flea markets.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jimbutsu
              Memory *is* RAM!
              • Apr 11, 2002

Do be careful with the modern retro-look stuff if you're wanting to play LPs on it - a lot of those systems can be rough on records and wear down the grooves pretty fast.
              "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎