X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoldBlade6
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 30, 2007

classictvtoys.com Experience + Tips

I was about to place an order with www.classictvtoys.com but, boy, do those little numbers sure add up fast. $15.99 for flat rate shipping, to boot!

It's a bummer you can't compare colors across different items (e.g. will the yellow hands match the yellow cuffs, etc.) or see what will look best together when building a figure. If they had a Build-a-Bear-type store, it would be great, but ordering blind, I ended up putting multiple options for each item in my cart, and the tab comes to over $100!
    • Has anyone had any experience ordering from this site? Is it worth it?
    • Is there anywhere else to buy parts similar to what classictvtoys offers at a better value?
    • Are there ever any sales, coupon codes, etc.?
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

It's worth it. Got alot of great pieces over the years

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Order from them many many times. About to place another soon.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by GoldBlade6
        Has anyone had any experience ordering from this site? Is it worth it?
        Yes, it is. They are a great source for parts and accessories.
        Is there anywhere else to buy parts similar to what classictvtoys offers at a better value?
        No. Although Doc Mego and 8 Inch Superstore are certainly worth shopping as well.
        Are there ever any sales, coupon codes, etc.?
        No.

Comment

• kingkongsy
          • Oct 3, 2017

I ordered from them,great stuff. Had to order KISS heads and will order more to fi stuff I don't like. [IMG]kiss heads ctvt[/IMG]

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

order quite a bit from them,made a great amount of kitbash megos from there.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by GoldBlade6
              It's a bummer you can't compare colors across different items (e.g. will the yellow hands match the yellow cuffs, etc.) or see what will look best together when building a figure. If they had a Build-a-Bear-type store, it would be great, but ordering blind, I ended up putting multiple options for each item in my cart, and the tab comes to over $100!
              that being said, I find their colors on the items are within 85% accurate to screen of what you will order. For the most part, many of their parts are parts of their figures, so if you have a vintage stock / reputable comic book store that also sells toys, you can see what some of their items look like in person, and can be helpful in decision making. Case in Point looking at the Batman Capes, the blue of the non vinyl Batman cape is closer to the blue of their hero boot, and that is on their first release batman figure, which my local vintage stock still has on the shelf.
              • Has anyone had any experience ordering from this site? Is it worth it?

I've ordered many times. Here is my list of Don't order these items because no matter what they can't seem to Quality Check the items before packing:
              *Any Mad Clown
              *Any Skeleton Figure
              *Black Female Short Boots
              * Any Color Torso Pieces

Now, if you do happen to buy / get for Free any of the above, please note that if they do come ripped/ broken/ torn, they will replace it, but (1) they won't do it on their dime, and will make you wait until you place the next order ( and naturally you have to remind them, so save all correspondence with them) and (2) you'll have to plan accordingly as these items
              will if necessary to your custom, you will need to have a plan B for.

Quality Control seems to be the #1 deterrent to shopping here. It makes the experience very unprofessional, and it will anger you.
              So just keep that in mind when ordering from them.

As to the question as to are they worth it?
              Well the equation seems to be something like this:

(convenience of buying on ctvt)(number of customs to make)-headache of their lousy QC=worth it

So that's how you figure it out. If the fact that they are basically the (walmart of Mego custom parts) and you have say 10 customs to do -the 70/30 chance your going to get a bad part
              divided by say you only want to spend no more than $12 to $15 to build a figure, it may be worth it to you in the end to go with them.
              • Is there anywhere else to buy parts similar to what classictvtoys offers at a better value?

ebay.
              MegoMuseum Stores
              Mego Museum For Sale Thread
              Amazon ( if you know what your looking for)
              Dr Mego
              8inch SuperStore
              Mego Mania on FB

Plan out your figures and set a goal and budget.
              Example. I've long wanted to finish my Charlton Captain Atom. I have the head painted, I just need boots and suit.
              I like making my own suits, so I just need to find the parts to make it happen. I also need boots and and belt, and hands.
              Well I scored the hands from the MegoSale Thread ($2.50), the Boots & belt from ebay ($3 for all), so what's left is the suit. I got all items at the price point I wanted
              ( to keep the figure below $12 in build) so once I decide on where to purchase the base suit, I'll go from there.
              • Are there ever any sales, coupon codes, etc.?
              [/QUOTE]
              No, but see my tips above. that is going to be the BEST way i have found to cut corners and to get what you want at your price point.
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

With all the clothing and accessories from CTVT you can make so many different customs, and if they
                don't have what your looking for, it's a good chance Doc Mego has it or the 8 inch superstore.

Done business with all and never any problems.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

Several of the things that I've put in their "Is there something else you want?" have eventually come to pass.

Example, I kept writing in Trench Coats. I wanted to make a Captain Jack Harkness custom. hehehe

I now keep adding the "Green Arrow Car in different colors" hoping that will come to pass.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎