Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still have their school folders? Post them!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    I LOVED my Marvel Mead school supplies.
    Awesome collection.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by C.H.O.A.M. View Post
    Wow what a photo!
    Tell me, what are those Red Skull, Dr. Strange, Spidey etc figures? puppets?
    Not to speak for Wee67, but those are Ben Cooper Jigglers!

Most of my folders are long gone, but I am pretty sure somewhere around here I have my folders from 6th thru 8th Grade, which were album cover styled folders of Ozzy, Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister, haha. If I come across them I'll snap pics. In younger years I had some excellent space and fantasy themed folders that I wish I still had, but I know those are sadly long gone.

Images
    My school papers and folders are stored somewhere at my parents' home. Although some may have been lost in a basement flood a few years back.

Our local Begley's Drug Store (now Rite-Aid) had those packs of Mead paper with Spider-Man iron-on transfers for years, way up into the mid-80s! I'd buy a new pack every year. I think they would take the overstock back into the storeroom and roll it back out for Back To School every year.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nvmbrsdoom5 View Post
    Most of my folders are long gone, but I am pretty sure somewhere around here I have my folders from 6th thru 8th Grade, which were album cover styled folders of Ozzy, Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister, haha. .
    Cool, I'd like to see those.

Here's my MEAD binder. I had one just like this in the late 70's, and picked this specific one up recently for my collection.

I also have the pee-chee type folders, but those are my originals, and a bit used/frazzled around the edges.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theSamurai View Post
    Here's my MEAD binder.
    That's really cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    School folders used to have the most amazing art.

I still have these two from when I was big into my Unicorn phase. I remember I was like "Swift Wind is a Unicorn and Pegasus!? Whoa!"

Well, to be totally honest, I never really left the phase.

Attachment 21794
    Cool.

I had a fantasy dragon folder, and a mechanical space dragon one.

What surprised me is people are buying vintage Trapper Folders on e-Bay.

I still have a light blue Trapper Folder around somewhere, and should have one other kind.

I have a very thin plastic Starfleet Documents paper holder as well, Black with Gold UFP symbol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosterheim View Post
    I had a fantasy dragon folder, and a mechanical space dragon one.
    Those sound wicked! Don't get much cooler than a mechanical space dragon.

Okay, I still have one from first or maybe second grade. Could the Mead company have chosen cooler images than these? I think not.

You can see it was at the height of Hulk mania from my drawings inside. You can see I was really giving it a go at drawing Stormtrooper armor. Not a terrible C-3PO drawing, although he looks like Hulk is walking him home drunk. I have no idea what is firing lasers at Spidey's head. And see if you can spot my dead-on likeness sketch of Mark Hamill. It's really beat up, and no longer one piece, but it's a time capsule. I can, in my mind, smell the scent of Trix Cereal on that Chewbacca sticker.

SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!