X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Anyone watch Batman vs. Two-Face yet?

I got my DVD a couple of days ago, and had a chance to sit down and watch it last night. It's pretty good. William Shatner is great as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. I'm glad Adam West gave the fans this last role as Batman before his passing.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Watched it last night, and really enjoyed it. I don't think it quite nailed the tone of the show like the first one, but that was intentional. The producers said they wanted to go with the straighter vibe of the earliest episodes, and they captured that. Took some twists and turns I didn't expect, and actually did some original things with Two-Face. Nice to see some of the made-for-TV villains get the spotlight too.

The tribute to Adam at the end choked me up.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      ^Watched it last night, and really enjoyed it. I don't think it quite nailed the tone of the show like the first one, but that was intentional. The producers said they wanted to go with the straighter vibe of the earliest episodes, and they captured that. Took some twists and turns I didn't expect, and actually did some original things with Two-Face. Nice to see some of the made-for-TV villains get the spotlight too.

Chris
      the tribute choked me up as well. I really liked this one much more than Return of the Caped Crusaders. that one seemed forced to me. this one was just natural. introduced new elements while bringing in classic ones too. I give it two thumbs up

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

^Watched it last night, and really enjoyed it. I don't think it quite nailed the tone of the show like the first one, but that was intentional. The producers said they wanted to go with the straighter vibe of the earliest episodes, and they captured that.
        I was a little disappointed with the sheer goofiness of the first one, and I've said for a long time that the first half of the first season is sheer genius for the way it balances the action-adventure with farce and absurdity so deftly, so if this one's more like that, I'm totally there.

Ahhh . . . I get a little choked up over how last spring, in the school PTO fundraiser play I wrote, I worked in a batrope-climb scene and I'm glad I got to do it while Adam West was still here in the world. An actual tribute might be too much for me . . .

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by knight errant00
          I was a little disappointed with the sheer goofiness of the first one, and I've said for a long time that the first half of the first season is sheer genius for the way it balances the action-adventure with farce and absurdity so deftly, so if this one's more like that, I'm totally there.
          Yeah early episodes like Instant Freeze and Helda the Great are played seriously for the most part.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Yeah, I got a little choked up myself at the tribute at the end. Thanks for doing that for us Bat-fans Adam. Rest well "Bright Knight".
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Purchased today, enjoyed it a lot--more that the first, as others have said. Thrilled to see/hear Lee Meriwhether (my favorite Catwoman) and quite pleased at the inclusion of Tut and Bookworm.

I thought Shatner did a terrific job with Two-Face, and the West tribute was lovely.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                Career Member
                • Aug 3, 2010

I watched it yesterday morning. I really enjoyed it. I thought the actors did a great job, had some humorous parts, and paid great respect to Adam West.I am sure most folks will like it.
                mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Be sure to go to special features, and go all the way over to the little star icon with a bar behind it. There's an actual movie easter egg there!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^I don't see that, only trailers. It is a blu-ray extra?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

maybe it is, the extra scene is Joker and Harley, pretty cool.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

dangit!!! Effing blu-rays!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎