X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

For Sale The elusive Mission to Gamma VI playset

I've posted this already on the FB Mego group, but I figured I should post here as well. Currently there's an incomplete one with box on eBay starting at $899 - mine is 99% complete and a lot cheaper...

The time has come! I am selling one of my two Mission to Gamma VI playsets. This one is fully complete apart from 2 of the small plastic clips that hold the mountain section to the cardboard base, but these are not essential since there are other clips to hold it in place.

Included are:
    - instructions
    - box (in pretty decent shape)
    - all 4 Gamma Creatures
    - cave glove (fully intact)
    - plant trap (one fern piece is broken off, which is common - even my MIB one is broken in its sealed baggie!)

Stickers are all applied. The cardboard is all intact, but has some warping and wear and is taped in a couple spots. The cardboard ramp section leading to the statue's mouth is separated from the rest of the backdrop, but still stays in place and looks good. The plastic trap door functions perfectly.

I don't need to tell you how hard this set is to find period, let alone complete and with the box and instructions. There are no complete ones showing up on eBay right now in current or completed auctions.

$650 shipped in the continental US.

IMG_2492.jpgIMG_2493.jpgIMG_2494.jpgIMG_2496.jpgIMG_2497.jpg
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

ironically, I saw that set on ebay you are talking about and was thinking of listing my incomplete set. yours is way nicer than what I have, never mind that you have the box too. mine is just the mountain, aliens and some of the clips and the plant and glove. missing all the cardboard pieces and the stairs/trap door. good luck with your sale

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      ironically, I saw that set on ebay you are talking about and was thinking of listing my incomplete set. yours is way nicer than what I have, never mind that you have the box too. mine is just the mountain, aliens and some of the clips and the plant and glove. missing all the cardboard pieces and the stairs/trap door. good luck with your sale
      They do sell, even partially complete. Sometimes people have to get partial sets just to complete a whole one. I'd say it's worth listing yours, especially if you have all 4 aliens...those guys on their own can go for $80-100 each.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I've seen Skots set put together in person, and it's awesome!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Good luck with your sale, it's a terrific playset (though fragile).

I have the green idol version, which I prefer.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• josephcardone
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 10, 2010

I sold a lot of my playsets because of space issues - LOL

My Mom had bought this for me in the 70's from Alexanders (We did not have a lot of money and she would buy things on closeout) for Christmas. I remember since my brother had gotten the black 12" GI Joe Commander - and he had wondered how he was going to play with it since all the other figures were 8" that he had and this was the only GI Joe and much bigger

Ironically these were both so discounted (nobody wanted them) they were next to nothing and now both are rare!

I wish I had the space for this (I have had a couple of them over the years and forced to sell them since there was no place to put them). It is really nice - killing me not to buy it!! I do have the little Alien guys (that I kept from one of them that I sold) - not the same thing though - this is an awesome playset! Good luck with the sale (I hope it goes soon - it is painful to not buy it)
            Last edited by josephcardone; Oct 20, '17, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

That's a very nice playset, and the price is reasonable, I'd be interested but these days my budget is pretty air tight.

Good luck with your sale.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

PM'd you.

CCC.

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Sold pending payment!

--SKot

Comment

• SKotK
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 11, 2014

Sold!

--SKot

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

Closing thread.

--SKot

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎