X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broke
    • Sep 26, 2017

My Black Hole collection & A broken Humanoid

This is what I've collected so far:

The Old Bob is a Repro and the Humanoid in the back is also. The covered Humanoid is real (repro robe also on both). BUT he has a hand that is damaged:

My question is what do I do about this hand. I've had a cast of original hand made. I could repair the hand or I could leave the hand as is. It appears that someone once decided to start take the arm off with a hacksaw and changed their mind. What is the consensus here? I could take and form the fingers pretty nicely from the cast I had made but I would rather ask you guys as experts. I'm not an expert collector.

• Allie Fox
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 1, 2009

Nice stuff. I wonder where all this Black Hole love is coming from all of a sudden. There have been a few discussions about it over the past few days. ???

In any case, if you are a Black Hole fan then you must listen to the Pod Stallions episode here. I think its the best episode of the podcast ever.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Broke
      • Sep 26, 2017

Originally posted by Allie Fox
      Nice stuff. I wonder where all this Black Hole love is coming from all of a sudden. There have been a few discussions about it over the past few days. ???

In any case, if you are a Black Hole fan then you must listen to the Pod Stallions episode here. I think its the best episode of the podcast ever.
      The Black Hole love is coming from me. I've posted twice about it in the last 2 days. I'll listen to the podcast right now. Thanks!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Nice collection, Black Hole is a top five Mego line for me and one of my happiest childhood memories.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Broke
          • Sep 26, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
          Nice collection, Black Hole is a top five Mego line for me and one of my happiest childhood memories.
          Thanks. It's one of my favorite also. I only do Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and The Black Hole.

Comment

• Broke
            • Sep 26, 2017

Anybody have an opinion if I should try to repair the hand on the Humanoid or not?

Comment

• Broke
              • Sep 26, 2017

Any help is appreciated. Truly!

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I would leave it alone

It would bug me having such a rare figure and knowing it was altered (even for better appearance)

Find a sizeable toy gun and rubberband it to his hand to hide the fingers

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Regarding the humanoid, I would agree, leave it alone. If you had a complete reproduction right arm, you could switch it out and leave the original with it, but otherwise I'd just leave it alone. You have more of a complete figure than I have, since I don't have one at all.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Broke
                    • Sep 26, 2017

Originally posted by Mikey
                    I would leave it alone

It would bug me having such a rare figure and knowing it was altered (even for better appearance)

Find a sizeable toy gun and rubberband it to his hand to hide the fingers
                    I do have a double laser gun like they used in the movie for this size. That could be cool. I also have a reproduction arm

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I'd vote to leave it alone also.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡