X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

More Super 8 Monsters

This year my collection of Super 8 Monster movies has increased 300 fold (mainly cause i started with like one last year). While I planned to only buy these in the wild, some good deals on our vintage toys facebook group combined with Rodan coming from a generous friend makes me a happy boy.

I'm picky what monster movies I get on Super 8 but honestly Toho, Hammer and Harryhausen are everything right about the genre to me.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • SpaceCrawler
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 20, 2008

My older brother had that 20 Million Miles to Earth film. The Ymir was awesome.

Sean

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Cool! I'm guessing the Taste the Blood of Dracula film cuts out the kinky stuff with the old rich guys.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Cool! I'm guessing the Taste the Blood of Dracula film cuts out the kinky stuff with the old rich guys.

Chris
        I haven't actually given it a whirl but it's so small i can't imagine it's more than 2 or 3 minutes in length. It's probably Dracula biting someone and then being destroyed.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

This was my introduction to Horror. Having a Dad who worked at Eastman Kodak meant he would bring home projectors and reels. Up goes the white sheet for a screen, and we were in heaven with 8 minutes of the best scenes from all the classic monster movies.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't actually given it a whirl but it's so small i can't imagine it's more than 2 or 3 minutes in length. It's probably Dracula biting someone and then being destroyed.
            I was trying to think how Dracula bought it in that one. All the Hammer Dracula sequels blur together at some point.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I bought a DVD from an Amazon seller a few years back that recreates these, basically editing the dvds into the Castle Films Super 8 sequences. I'll have to look at the Hammer ones.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎