X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Flair Toys Daredevil?

Just saw some pics of these recently. Anybody know stuff about them or own them? What are they like?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I have the medieval knight set and jousting horse, as well as the more articulated figure. There are some more basic figures and females, too. They are about 9" tall. The quality is similar to Gabriel Lone Ranger.

There are many accessory uniform sets, both modern and historical: Equestrian Show Jumper, Knight, Mexican Brigand, Cavalry Officer, Indian Chief, Bandit, wild West Outlaw, Cavalry Sgt., Marshall. Also Lightning the horse with various saddles/tack. I also see a military commando online.

I think they are great. If I recall correctly, this is a British line from the mid to late '70s: Model Toys Ltd. of Scotland.

A member here sold a large lot of Daredevil items, of which I then haggled for the nicer knights bits and a boxed horse.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 17, '17, 9:12 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Pictures! Sounds interesting
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

Yes, the knights were advertised on the packaging and the most interesting for me. Are they well done? The boxes say they were manufactured in Hong Kong for the Scottish market.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think they are very well-done--good quality and detailing. I have the generation 2 figure (?) which is more poseable like a Lone Ranger. The body sculpting is slim, similar to Capt. Action.

The fabrics and accessories are comparable to Gabriel. I have the Jousting Knight set and added accessories from the Knight in Armour set (shield, dagger, and sword) for a "deluxe" version. The knights have a sparkly "mail" bodysuit similar to Mego's, but with an additional coif/hood. No greaves were produced so I added a pair of vintage Mego Launcelot boots, which fit and coordinate well. One nice touch with the knights sets are molded armored mitts for the hands. The only negative with the knights IMO is the helmet, which is clunky and unrefined compared to the Mego efforts.

The horse is a solid figurine, with fabric bridle/reins, heraldic livery, and a molded plastic saddle. Lightning also includes plastic head and neck armour and rubber stirrups.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 17, '17, 9:42 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

MysteryWho, there are several nice boxed figures and sets on ebay UK under "model toys daredevil."

Sorry BB, I'm no good with pix.

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

Thanks for all the info PNGwynne!

Comment

• Emgee
                • May 5, 2009

Many years ago, I believe on this very forum, I saw images of possibly a South American release that came officially dressed as Batman. In the UK I recall he was a generic sports/adventurer type guy but never licenced characters so was surprised by how cool it looked. As I recall the image may have been from a catalogue or a flyer that came with the figure itself. Of course it may never have been released and only been mocked up for the catalogue shot.
                Last edited by Emgee; Oct 18, '17, 7:39 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^Sort of Capt. Action, neat.

And you're most welcome, MW. Really, I would by more of these with confidence,

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

The South American(?) versions are called Super Amigo. They did Batman, Billy The Kid, Zorro, Superman, Robin, and a Captain America type guy. I have one figure of the German version who is a famous Stunt parachute group (Dannon?) Comes with working parchute ect. A really interesting line. Pics are not mine.
                    z12 by edtime5, on Flickrz7 by edtime5, on Flickrz6 by edtime5, on Flickr m7.sized by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Wow, thank you for showcasing the Super Amigos variants, they are awesome. I see a little round badge is included, just like the Euro sets.

Also, thanks for showing both figures; I have--and prefer--the fully-jointed version.

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

Glad to be of help. I think The South American sets use the bendy arms body. I do prefer the jointed body myself. The Super Amigos also have short flocked hair that looks cool. Palitoy has or may know who has a South American Captain America type figure for sale from Mego Museum. I think one was for sale at Megomeet. I owuld love to see a nice collection of these in one place.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

How have I never heard of these. I'm liking these a lot.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Emgee
                            • May 5, 2009

Spot on. That is the ad and the imagery I recall. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

• Neutron X
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 22, 2007

Here is a pic of the Dannon Parachutist (from Germany?). Boots aren't original. The elastic from Goggles stains the head but they do look to be an original design. I will have to try and remove when I get a chance.

IMG_0049b by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎