X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

Has Paypal ever limited your account?

I've been a Paypal user since 2002, it's linked to a CC and a checking account, all verified and good. I don't use it that often, only a few times a year on eBay. I've never had any issues.

Last week I listed a few items on eBay, the first things I've sold in a couple years. One of the items sold, and I was paid promptly via Paypal. No problem.

Today I get a message from Paypal saying they need to confirm some of my account information, and in the meantime, my account has been limited. I basically can't do anything with it, including receiving money. eBay wouldn't even let me make a revision to one of my auctions.

They want me to upload a copy of my driver's license, as well as my name and address on a current bill. Naturally I am not thrilled to do this. I don't even know how I'll do the latter, since I do most everything online, and they say a print-out is not acceptable, it must be a bill via mail.

This is not a phishing scam, I directly logged into my account after seeing the eBay error and receiving an email. I didn't use any provided links to log into Paypal.

I did a google search and I see many examples of people complaining about this sort of thing.. but just thought I would ask here too.

In the meantime I don't know what to do with my current auctions. If someone hits the BIN, they won't be able to pay me!
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Call PayPal directly to discuss. Their phone number should be on the site.
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

Had an experience similar to this at GameStop with My Son.

Was told that a change in the Law requires them to identify who is Trading Games in for Money and/or Credit.
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

I let my dad sell a few die cast and racing cars and I reached the selling limit without giving my W2 tax info so I'm still not allowed to sell even through that was 4 months ago. It sucks because I have some rare funko pops I'd like to sell before that fad ends.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

I get those emails from time to time. I looked at my account after the first one rather than responding to find no change.

It is a scam email.

Ignore or contact Paypal through their site - Do not click anything in the emails!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Like I said in my post, it's not phishing. I first discovered the issue when I was trying to make a simple revision to an auction title and eBay generated an error that told me I couldn't make the revision due to an issue with my paypal account. I then logged in to PayPal and saw the details of the issue.

I provided what they requested, proof of ID and proof of address. I was able dig up a car insurance statement with my name on it.

My account was fully restored today.

Btw, their request was likely related to this program..

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Oh yeah... they will limit your account if you happen to send $20 to a co-worker and mention in the notes that "this isn't a payment to isis" as a joke.... yuck yuck... they limit your account and the receiver's....
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡