Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

As a collector (which we all are to some extent here.) it is hard to do. I "collected 'em all" -until one day I remembered I don't want Walton figures and never watched Starsky and Hutch. Finding space was hard to do and having kids changed the dynamic at home. I then Sold 'em all (except WGSH and basic Treks).

It is bitter sweet to see them go. (especially since many of those lines have no cash value to replace the empty space on the shelf).

Good job selling some and good luck with the rest.

Originally posted by JDeRouen
    I finally did it. I sold off my Dukes of Hazzard figures. Next are Starsky and Hutch and CHIPs, then maybe Happy Days, Our Gang, and 1 Million B.C. Oh, and those pesky Waltons. I am determined to, once and for all, escape the "gotta have them all" mentality that has plagued me since, well, forever. I get joy out of owning the WGSH, POTA, and Trek figures. I get joy from the Super Knights, Pirates, Robin Hood, and American West figures. The Duke boys? The Waltons? Not so much. Sometimes, it's okay to let go of the things that don't bring you joy.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I just sold off 11 short boxes of comics plus a few other miscellaneous comics yesterday to my friend who is a dealer and con organizer, who was stocking up for his next show.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• megojim
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 13, 2001

made that same decision a while back . . . .why have just to have
        My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by MRP
          I just sold off 11 short boxes of comics plus a few other miscellaneous comics yesterday to my friend who is a dealer and con organizer, who was stocking up for his next show.

-M
          I bet you felt great after. I've been cleaning out my basement and wonder why I bought some of this stuff to begin with. I believe I sold em my old comics years ago and only have two short boxes left.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
            I bet you felt great after. I've been cleaning out my basement and wonder why I bought some of this stuff to begin with. I believe I sold em my old comics years ago and only have two short boxes left.
            It's nice to have more room and less stuff. Same friend bought a bunch of vintage rpg stuff from me a few weeks back and we are going to work something out for him to buy my wife's X-Men collection and another batch of rpg stuff come spring time, so the purge is ongoing. I am revamping the finished attic that used to be our master bedroom after moving the bedroom downstairs because of my wife's knee issues, and it's becoming the studio/office and comic room replacing the two rooms downstairs the bedroom and wardrobe took over, but we've been going through a lot of stuff in those rooms and in the finished basement room also under revamping and asking ourselves why do we still have this or why did we ever get this, so yeah, there's a lot of satisfaction in the purging.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by MRP
              It's nice to have more room and less stuff. Same friend bought a bunch of vintage rpg stuff from me a few weeks back and we are going to work something out for him to buy my wife's X-Men collection and another batch of rpg stuff come spring time, so the purge is ongoing. I am revamping the finished attic that used to be our master bedroom after moving the bedroom downstairs because of my wife's knee issues, and it's becoming the studio/office and comic room replacing the two rooms downstairs the bedroom and wardrobe took over, but we've been going through a lot of stuff in those rooms and in the finished basement room also under revamping and asking ourselves why do we still have this or why did we ever get this, so yeah, there's a lot of satisfaction in the purging.

-M
              I know the feeling, I just finished seal coating the basement. The basement feels alot cleaner now.
              IMG_20171018_143327783_LL.jpg

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎