X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

I finally did it

I finally did it. I sold off my Dukes of Hazzard figures. Next are Starsky and Hutch and CHIPs, then maybe Happy Days, Our Gang, and 1 Million B.C. Oh, and those pesky Waltons. I am determined to, once and for all, escape the "gotta have them all" mentality that has plagued me since, well, forever. I get joy out of owning the WGSH, POTA, and Trek figures. I get joy from the Super Knights, Pirates, Robin Hood, and American West figures. The Duke boys? The Waltons? Not so much. Sometimes, it's okay to let go of the things that don't bring you joy.
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I love my Mego Waltons, because I love the show. Heck, I'd customize the whole brood if I could figure out how.

But I know what you mean--I never wanted Happy Days, CHiPs, or Starsky & Hutch because the shows mean nothing to me. And, sometimes it's good to let go.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Good for you! I can certainly relate after the great Marvel purge. I'm down to a manageable collection of monster models and I couldn't be happier.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

My collection is always in flux. Keeps things interesting I guess.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

It feels as good to get rid stuff every so often. I've paired down a lot over the years. I sold off all my Kenner Star Wars loose figures. It was easier to sell what I had and get out of the SW game and collect other lines I like more like WGSH and Super Powers, Secret wars , etc.

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 26, 2014

How do you feel about WOZ? I'm collecting the same lines, but also included WOZ.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, I dabbled in Waltons, Oz, Chips, Eagle Force Our Gang and Dukes briefly. It just wasn't me and i've never thought about them again.

For a while I was "Mr Micronauts" but I eventually pared it down to the handful of pieces that brought me actual joy and moved on.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I've done something similar, cleared out some Mego and remego stuff to make space and capital to pursue GI Joe a lot more.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I am approaching the notion of purging some of my stuff. Just tired of the clutter.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

I just purged a ton of older rpg materials, games we no longer play, editions we no longer use, miniatures we weren't going to get around to painting, etc. and am in process of purging about a third to half of the comics I have. I haven't purged a lot of toys (I did get rid of some carded Toy Biz Marvel stuff), but then I didn't have a ton to begin with as I have only dabbled in toy collecting until recently.

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TheMegoGuy
                      How do you feel about WOZ? I'm collecting the same lines, but also included WOZ.
                      I doubt I'll ever sell my Mego WOz--that line meant a great deal to me as a child and I enjoyed reacquiring them. They're beautiful figures and I'm very fond and nostalgic about them. Plus--playsets!! That witch's castle is nothing to sneeze at.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

Space has kept that from being an issue. The entirity of mon -WGSH stuff is contained a Diamond EMCE bridge in my basement. Mostly Trek, Bo & Luke, Fonzie an dmaybe some FTC stuff. I actually love HD & Dukes just no space to put them.

Comment

• pgiii
                          • Oct 5, 2017

Well, I'm currently on the unemployment line so not much spending money to pick up new megos these days without selling some of my current figures. Thus, I have been selling off a few of the customs that I have acquired over the past year or so on e-bay, primarily obscure DC/Marvel characters (some Golden Age).

Comment

• megozilla13
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 10, 2002

I'm not crazy about those lines either, but they are so cheap, I can't pass them up. mikej
                            WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• JDeRouen
                              Author of Small Things
                              • Jun 14, 2001

I'm definitely keeping WGSH, Trek, POTA, Knights, Pirates, Western, Robin Hood, and WoZ. Probably AJ and Dinah as well. Everything else, not so much.
                              --
                              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎