X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

What 12" Mego would you want most?!

If you could take ANY 8" mego and blow him up to a 12" mego body, who would it be? Any line at all.

I'd love to have a Klingon and Kirk. Aquaman and Joker come to find as well. A soldier ape and Fonz. So many choices. What would yours be?
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Green Goblin with a Goblin Glider printed on the back of the box that you cut out and fold together.

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

Tough choice, but I think Green Arrow would be cool, he was one of the best 8" figures and the 12" figures that Mego did make always seemed to improve on the 8" versions a bit.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

You know what I would like, and we've discussed this before here because the fact it wasn't made is inexplicable, a Mego magnetic Spider-Man...just like their magnetic Batman and Robin figures. It seems like Spidey would have been the obvious choice, but who knows why it wasn't made and the first choice for such a figure. Anyhow, I think that would have been pretty darn neat! That's not really blowing up an 8" figure, of course, but it would still be a 12" figure along the same line.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Iron Man would have been cool along with the Lizard and Fantastic Four or at least a 12" Thing.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Mr. Fantastic since he was advertised on the packaging.
            A Supergirl to mix in with Sups, Lex, Jor-El, and Zod would have been nice. Mego would have most likely recycled the WW body and red boots rather than blown up the 8" figure though.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

A 12" Iron Man would've been keen!

And why do people type "Sups" instead of "Supes"?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

The Green Goblin idea iis inspired, I know that as a kid I wanted one and the Energized Remco version was a poor substitute.

I would have loved a 12" Aquaman, but nobody else would have bought it.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Mr Fantastic haunted me as a boy, still does. I also wants me an Aquaman but he's gotta be perfect. I still haven't figured out what that looks like.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I want a Joker. There was a time when I agreed about Magnetic Spider-man, but I could make one in about half an hour and I have never bothered.

Runners-up would be Thor and Iron Man to hang with Hulk and Spidey.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Thing would be interesting only because i'm not sure Mego would go with a full suit at 12"

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Mr Fantastic haunted me as a boy, still does. I also wants me an Aquaman but he's gotta be perfect. I still haven't figured out what that looks like.
                        I agree with you, but I won't lie about considering a blond Parkdale Superman head, Capt. Action outfit, and Mag Robin cuffs.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Human Wolfman.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I would have loved a 12" Aquaman, but nobody else would have bought it.
                            He's the only one missing from the "Super Friends 5"....

I would have begged my parents like CRAZY for one... but, then again, I begged my parents like crazy for an 8-inch Aquaman (and Wonder Woman) but never got one (or the other either!).

Aquaman would've been my top pick, easy.

...followed by the other DC WGSH.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                              Mr. Fantastic since he was advertised on the packaging.
                              Originally posted by palitoy
                              Mr Fantastic haunted me as a boy, still does.
                              This, so this! I didn't find out that there never really was a 12" Mr. Fantastic until I was in my 20's (after years of searching for one) and when that happened I was crushed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎