Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pod Stallions 56: Hammer Films

Plaid Stallions Pod Stallions 56: Hammer Films

Episode 56 is all about the films by England's Hammer studios and we honestly try to mention all of them including the one's we haven't seen!

Our exhaustive retrospective talks about all the sexy vampires, frankenstein monsters, mummies, zombies that the studio that dripped blood could produce!

Some of the sidetrack subjects we touch upon are action figures, Amicus movies, Doctor Who, Thriller and i think Jason mentions a little film called "Blade Runner 2049".

Plenty more content on the PodStallions Facebook page!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Hot damn! You're speaking my language! Can't wait to listen.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Okay, here we go...The one we've been waiting for. Awesome.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Cool!

I'm looking forward to the radio dramatization of the unmade Hammer film "The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula", directed by Mark Gatiss.

http://www.hammerfilms.com/unmade-dr...-light-of-day/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.
    And one Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

^ I saw that on my Facebook feed this morning. I would LOVE to hear it. I hope it will be available in the US. They absolutely nailed the poster art.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^Wow, that sounds great!

Great episode Brian. Dracula: Prince of Darkness is the film where Lee has no lines. I always kind of assume Sir Christopher got his memories mixed up when he was discussing bad Dracula scripts, because that one is still pretty solid.

Hey, why not do Amicus for your second episode? I'm a lot less familiar with them, although I've been catching up lately!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I'm pretty sure I've enjoyed every Pod Stallions, but I definitely had fun listening to this one. I actually have not seen many of the Hammer beyond the main ones that led off each series, and as a kid I definitely thought of those Amicus films (and some AIP) as all being out of one factory. Their output did go beyond horror, including three takes on Robin Hood (including the Sword of Sherwood Forest, that gave Richard Greene a big screen adventure after starring in the 1950s TV series), but there is no denying they redefined horror for more than a generation.

I very recently discovered Cash on Demand, a thriller with Andre Morell (doing a great job as a classic British gentleman) and Peter Cushing (in an absolutely mesmerizing performance) that has parallels to A Christmas Carol. This film isn't supernatural, but it just makes me imagine how well Hammer could have tackled Dickens, just as they put out the great take on Hound of the Baskervilles. We could have had Cushing as Scrooge and Lee as Marley (or the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come), with the likes of Nigel Green as the Ghost of Christmas Present. Alas...not to be.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Thank you soo much for this podcast It was a very informative didn't know that much about Hammer films

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Hey, why not do Amicus for your second episode? I'm a lot less familiar with them, although I've been catching up
    I second that for a future show. Beyond a few horror anthologies and the Doctor Who films, I was not aware of what was Amicus way back when, and I'd love a run through their history like you did with Hammer.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    After listening to the podcast my to watch list are the following
    The Abominable Snowman (1957)
    Theater of Blood (1972)
    Dracula 1972 A.D.