X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Fighting Furies Winchester Rifle?

I have this Winchester rifle and until today had thought it was from a Fighting Furies outfit set or figure and that was just based on the similar look to other FF rifles I have.
    Well thanks to Plaid Stallions and some other online pics of the FF Western Rustler outfit set, it isn't from that set.

Does anyone know what set or figure this rifle is from? It is 4" and half inches long so I am thinking it is for a 9"-10" figure.

DSCN7584.jpg

The FF Western Rustler set.
    2017-10-12_1650.jpg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Hmm. Perhaps Gabriel Lone Ranger or Mattel Big Jim/Karl May?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• piecemaker
      • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Hmm. Perhaps Gabriel Lone Ranger or Mattel Big Jim/Karl May?
      I checked Big Jim before posting this as he came to mind as a possibility but those rifles have like the knives and other things(axe,etc) I guess the Big Jim "hand helper holder on brackets"

I checked some Gabriel Lone Ranger listing on Ebay and think that may be it. Thanks!

2017-10-12_1759.jpg 2017-10-12_1757.jpg

Comment

• piecemaker
        • Jan 26, 2009

Ok, this looks like the same rifle in this set.Definitely Marx/Gabriel, Thanks again. Next question, What is a "Der Waffenschmuggler"?

2017-10-12_1821.jpg
        Last edited by piecemaker; Oct 12, '17, 7:04 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The Adventure of the Gun Runners disguise set.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• piecemaker
            • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            The Adventure of the Gun Runners disguise set.
            Thanks, these are some great looking adventure sets, both the U.S./English versions and the foreign versions. A lot of the foreign(German) sets have that rifle, Don't mess with the Blacksmith cause he has one too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

It's a beautiful line, the accessory sets are terrific. Isn't that blacksmith apron fantastic? I'd love to collect Gabriel Lone Ranger, but I just can't afford it.

I do have the European chipboard Dodge City play-set, courtesy of a member. It's expansive and offers varied play/display. I got it because Mego dropped the ball with their American West play-set. The 8" Megos look especially nice in the large LR play-set.

Comment

• piecemaker
                • Jan 26, 2009

The blacksmith apron with the tools is great. It only took me two days to figure out that it was a disguise for the Lone Ranger, trying to translate the German description paragraph with "Google Translate" lead me astray, then I found the English version of the set.

The chipboard Dodge City play-set is very cool,as the saying goes "they don't make them like anymore".

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by piecemaker
                  The blacksmith apron with the tools is great. It only took me two days to figure out that it was a disguise for the Lone Ranger, trying to translate the German description paragraph with "Google Translate" lead me astray, then I found the English version of the set.

The chipboard Dodge City play-set is very cool,as the saying goes "they don't make them like anymore".
                  They sure don't. It's huge and very heavy.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎