X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Johnny Carson reruns....

I've been watching some Johnny Carson reruns lately.
    It's interesting to see long forgotten celebrities, famous celebrities when they were younger and his monologues of the time they were aired.
    Anyone else ever watch these on metv?
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I don't watch them there, but I have some videos that I break out periodically. I loved Johnny. I could probably survive on a desert island with a steady diet of Dean Martin and Johnny.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I do,

It's an interesting time capsule of the exact period it was filmed.

A lot of times i'm more interested in the guests (non actors) nobody ever heard of today....

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

I watch it, occasionally; as well. It’s good! I’d watch more often if I remembered it was on.

I also watch the Family Feud with Richard Dawson on Bizzer, weeknight evenings. It’s on here at 7pm...so just after dinner. I almost forgot how much he kissed all of the ladies. I’m surprised he got away with it as much as he did. It’s funny to me. Also, some of the women ask for more kisses. I read that in the last season of the show, they told him that he could no longer kiss the female contestants. I guess he was starting to get complaints by that point. Lol

Anyhow, the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson is such a gem! Watching it is like having an old friend stop by for a visit.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
          Anyhow, the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson is such a gem! Watching it is like having an old friend stop by for a visit.

- Ian
          Amen!
          There was a short period of time a couple of years ago when I would watch on Antenna TV. They would show the hour-long episodes during the week, and the 90-minute shows on the weekend. Sadly, my cable provider dropped the station. Watching those reruns took me back; I remember what a great treat it was to get to stay up late to watch in the 70s, especially over Christmas vacation from school.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I catch it occasionally, it's still very enjoyable. So familar, sometimes it's like no time has passed. It's too bad they can't use the band and the musical guests because of copyright issues etc.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

I have the Youtube app on my bedroom TV, and it's my constant go-to for all kinds of great stuff, including old Carson and Letterman. It's a treasure trove. And the best part is once YT learns what you like, it just keeps feeding you a steady diet of it under "recommended" without you even having to look for it.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 18, 2015

Got startled for a second, misread the thread title as "Johnny Carson returns..."
                The hands that grip.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

YouTube has some real gems. Like this.. and nobody can convince me that Martin wasn’t drunk off his rocker. Classic ad-lib. He had tons of guests that were just as awesomely funny as this.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I've watched Sam Kinnoson sing "Are You Lonesome Tonight" on Carson 500 times and can't get enough.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎