Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'm torn on this week's episode. I liked the idea of the trial overall, but man...Barry continuing to be such a hopeless sad sack and resigning himself to whatever comes at him is just killing me. They're going against their "no more emo Barry" pledge.

I really like this show, like the actors, the concepts, but the actual nuts and bolts writing sometimes makes me want to just turn it off for good.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

What could be the point of putting the Flash in jail? He can zip out whenever he wants.
      Legal tip #1: Don't hire your stepmom.

My guess for the future...the Mechanic is going to flip on the Thinker.

We are Flash again. This could be a drinking game. Wish they had framed Iris for murder and stuck her in Iron Heights.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I'm just waiting for when they send her to the future.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by johnnystorm
          We are Flash again. This could be a drinking game. Wish they had framed Iris for murder and stuck her in Iron Heights.

LMAO!!
          sigpic

Comment

• WannabeMego
            Made in the USA
            • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            ...Barry continuing to be such a hopeless sad sack and resigning himself to whatever comes at him is just killing me. They're going against their "no more emo Barry" pledge.

I really like this show, like the actors, the concepts, but the actual nuts and bolts writing sometimes makes me want to just turn it off for good.
            This Right Here...I Agree 100%!!!

They have been circling the edge of the drain these last 2 seasons on the brink of total abandonment for our house.

When My Son, who is a HUGE Flash Fan, suddenly says...mid-episode, "Can we watch something else?"...I know it's NOT just Me who has an issue with their direction.
            Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't dislike Iris like some here, but her character is all over the place and the "We are the Flash!" trope is utterly ridiculous.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

I'd wish they dump this lame angle and bring in Barry & Iris's kids (the Twins) that would be a cool story...

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by WannabeMego

When My Son, who is a HUGE Flash Fan, suddenly says...mid-episode, "Can we watch something else?"...I know it's NOT just Me who has an issue with their direction.
                  Flash night is officially dead in my home, it used to be the big night, we'd get chips and cheezies. I'm really sad about it to be honest but the kids don't care anymore.

The boy has his arrow, the girl her supergirl and me my Legends.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

So, Ralph's new costume is black and gray--with straps!? *sigh*
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

But last night's episode was actually good! Yeah, Ralph's costume is nothing inspiring, but it's not bag man anymore. But all the nods to the 90s Flash series was just the fan service I needed last night.

Goldberg as Big Sir? Didn't see that one coming!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

I thought last night’s episode was pretty entertaining, overall. I love having Ralph Dibney onboard; adds some much needed levity to the show.
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Don't get me wrong, I think this season is miles ahead of the last. Ralph works for me but I think the kids are just burned out on the show.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^My son and I have both wavered a bit on it. It's had some great highs this season, but some serious lows. Overall, a better season than last, but the lows are REALLY low. #Feminism and "We are the Flash" being part of those problems, and I don't hate Iris like some.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                              learning all the time
                              • Sep 15, 2010

last nite's ep was better than last week's but man has this show gone down the tubes. I watch it now mostly out of some imagined obligation!
                              and the prankster or the jokemaker or whoever was terrible, absolutely the exact type of corn that gives superhero shows a bad name.

it seems the "Iris is the team leader" thing is just trying to justify keeping her around. I mean, how is the least smartest one the person in charge???
                              (well, maybe she's smarter than Ralph)
                              I guess "smart" on this show is relative, but you can't fault the characters, or even the budget.
                              it's the geniuses who write this stuff!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

This season is definitely an improvement over last season. The issue I think the show suffers from is trying to drag one big bad out through the whole season; creates a lot of unnecessary baggage that a show like THE FLASH does not require. If they'd break the seasons down into two, distinct arcs, with two distinct big bads, they'd have a lot less filler. Oh, and I'm one of those people who is also not a fan of the "We are The Flash" concept. Maybe in Iris and Barry's mind, they're a conjoined unit, but Barry is the only one capable of doing what has to be done. And if anyone should be leading the current team, it should be Wells of Earth Two.
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎